The HR Business Partner provides business partnership to a single site or function serving as primary liaison to supervisors and managers, frequently engaging with directors and VPs on projects and initiatives.
This role will focus on improving organizational effectiveness using analytics and data.
The role provides strong partnership in talent acquisition activities, leading change, supporting organizational development, performance guidance, policy interpretation, day to day leadership coaching, culture development and talent development and guidance, and employee relations activities.
Analyze organizational effectiveness (organizational health and organizational performance) to determine root causes, identify interventions, identify and assign internal and external resources with expertise to address the issues, oversee implementation and evaluate results.
Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with broader HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
Partner with hiring managers and talent management team to strategize search approaches (internal and external) and assist in recruiting process to include preparation of job descriptions, identifying key competencies, interviewing, and offer formulation.
Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
Provide investigation support for other parts of the organization on an as need basis or as part of the EE relations team.
Provide performance management guidance to leaders (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
Consult and counsel and proactively coach managers regarding compensation alignment and equity in preparing new hire salary recommendations, internal transfers, market adjustments, and promotional recommendations.
Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
Serve as a vital link between local operations, functional and corporate teams, fostering collaboration between local HR teams and corporate HR and Enterprise Services and across teams within the regional facilities being supported.
Support production staffing activities and initiatives
Support health, safety, and environment initiatives and programs and facilitate a safe and healthy culture.
Leads small and large projects that may cross functions, divisions, and facilitiesQualifications
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or similar discipline preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters Level Preferred
- A minimum of 2-5 years' experience in an HR Business Partner/Generalist capacity.
- PHR/SHRM-CP Certification preferred
- Strong HR Acumen: – Deep knowledge of HR processes and working knowledge of most HR disciplines
- Ability to build relationships and trust with strong skills in coaching and mentoring
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to see hidden problems and look beyond the obvious for answers, uses data to make decisions.
- Excellent conflict management and negotiation skills – can bring others together and reconcile differences.
- Ability to partner in a multi-lingual translation team to support ethnically diverse work populations.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills with the ability and passion to engage with others authentically, establish trust, build long-lasting relationships - influence at all levels.
- Good organizational and time management skills; multi-tasking and prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high level goals; managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with HRIS