3rd Shift Operations Supervisor - (23037)
Andersen Windows is seeking a 3rd Shift Operations Supervisor in our Menomonie, WI location. The responsibilities of the Operations Supervisor role is to support the Logistics Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for the administrative, warehouse, shop and/or delivery function. This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for productivity, safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate satisfaction/development within the distribution center.
The Logistics Supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate engagement morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Deploy and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of supervisory or work center lead experience
- Previous experience in a logistics operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply continuous improvement, lean, and manufacturing system principles a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people.
- Logistics knowledge:
- Working knowledge of warehouse management systems
- Demonstrates a passion for safety
- Able to facilitate kaizen events
Menomonie, WI US