Provide daily work direction of production line through effective communication and completion of manufacturing operations tasks while applying AMS tools. Identify process and resource constraints and utilize appropriate decision making and problem-solving techniques to resolve and meet SQDC metrics. Provide feedback, coaching, and training to production employees.
• Ensure the continuous flow of production to meet planned output while following operations standards (safety, quality, delivery, cost, maintenance). Identify issues, engaging the Tier 1 team in process or problem resolution and escalate appropriate issues to Tier 2 team. Partner with Value Stream Supervisors.
• Facilitate training and development of production employees, providing clear expectations of performance, AMS, quality, and safety. Provide coaching and feedback. Maintain cross-training matrix to effectively utilize knowledge of employee capabilities. Coordinate movement of employees to meet business need.
• Focus on improving business metrics by leading and supporting AMS projects and initiatives. Maintain visual management tools (PVA, run charts, CI boards, and Tier 1 boards) to drive continuous improvement and employee engagement. Participate in problem solving using AMS tools and methodology (5 Why, PDCA, MCA).
• Demonstrate leadership in communications, conflict resolution, process constraints and problem solving. Lead and effectively communicate at daily Tier1 meeting to encourage employee participation and engagement.
• Provide support of other production areas as needed, including project support, leader coverage, and cycle counting responsibilities as needed.
• Complete standard work & control plan audits, including but not limited to safety, finished goods quality, scrap, and standard work. Participate and complete corrective actions from the MCA process.
• Follow and consistently enforce all safety procedures according to standards. Proactively address safety concerns and take action or follow up when appropriate.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS
• The team lead will oversee daily work direction for a production department of 5-40 production associates. Provide feedback and coaching and facilitate training and skill development.