Silver Line Building Products, LLC. Is the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. With 4,000 employees, and plants located in North Brunswick, NJ, Lithia Springs, GA, Marion, OH and Lansing, IL, we make windows that provide builders, architects, and home owners with energy efficient, low maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home. We have been in New Jersey for 23 years and have been a part of the Andersen family for 10 years. Our employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Silver Line by Andersen is a great place to launch and grow a career. Make your difference with us today.
This position is based in North Brunswick, NJ.
Manage, mentor, and motivate direct reports, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
Communicate performance standards and expectations, recognizing and rewarding individuals and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
Provide Maintenance Engineering Manager with the necessary reports, metric measurements, progress of work orders, planned work and PM’s.
Establish, justify, monitor, analyze, and control maintenance budget.
Ensure maintenance support is available as needed so machinery repairs are completed in a timely manner.
Implement Key Performance indicators for maintenance.
Optimize effectiveness of the workforce during operating periods requiring fluctuating number of resources and changing priorities.
Assure appropriate resources, necessary tools, and equipment for maintenance personnel to perform their functions.
Constantly promote and improve a safety culture.
Direct the work of the crew to ensure compliance with federal, state and local codes (fire, building, electrical, etc.)
Direct the work of outside contractors and crews.
Supports and fosters an environment of continuous improvement by challenging existing processes and implementing solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
Should have sound technical knowledge of trouble shooting machines and equipment.
Should have ability to identify problems with the electrical and mechanical systems and carry out their maintenance.
Basic knowledge of, Drives, motors, sensor, linear bearings, Pneumatics, and other electrical and mechanical work.
Manage continuous improvement initiatives through the use of Maintenance Excellence (MEx), TPM, Lean, RCM, PdM.
Evaluate and improve maintenance performance by continually reducing maintenance downtime, while reducing maintenance costs.
Train subordinates as needed in EAMS functionality.
Work with maintenance associates to ensure training needs are identified and addressed.
Maintain collaborative relationship with all other departments.
- Should possess good leadership qualities and good time-management skills.
- Good organizational skills and excellent in motivating and managing the team.
- Ability to pay attention towards the details and meet the assigned goals within time.
- Critical thinker, enthusiastic and positive approach towards employees and work.
- Ensure Maintenance Department compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Andersen Corporation business objectives.
- Encourage feedback from technicians for suggestions to improve production and /or maintenance equipment and procedures.
- Maintain good relations with your crew to help secure efficient operation and high morale.