Sr. Learning & Performance Specialist - (22946)
To support assigned internal customer groups by identifying performance problem root causes and success enablers and implementing initiatives that result in improving business performance, increasing workforce capability, and/or increasing employee engagement.
To design and develop learning and other solutions that lead to increased associate productivity, enhanced workforce and organizational flexibility to meet customer expectations, increased talent reserves for continuing enterprise growth, and improved individual career development.
- Consult with business leaders to identify employee capability requirements that support and enable successful business performance in manufacturing and support operations.
- Interact with site management teams and employees to understand business plans, priorities, issues and needs and lead the identification and implementation of learning and performance improvement solutions.
- Identify the non-learning root causes of human and organizational performance issues and make recommendations that will address them.
- Identify and evaluate environmental and personal factors that underlie employee performance problem root causes.
- Develop and lead the implementation of planned change interventions that result in improved individual and group performance.
- Support culture change initiatives with multi-faceted solutions that drive individual, team and organizational behaviors.
- Partner with business leaders and HR team members to conduct Employee Engagement Survey follow-up activities, including focus group facilitation; follow-up survey design, deployment and analysis; action planning; and results measurement.
- Lead the development of organizational development best practices and engage with HR and business leaders to build competency
- Develop competency models aligned to performance requirements of key roles and develop/deploy tools and processes for evaluating individual and group competency gaps.
- Assess training needs and prescribe appropriate learning solutions employing a variety of delivery methods.
- Develop training or other learning activities consistent with instructional design standards, current learning science and adult learning theory and knowledge of the targeted audience.
- Create facilitator guides, participant guides, train-the-trainer materials, job aids, peer evaluations, certification tests and/or other training evaluation tools.
- Lead the development of learning impact measurement strategies to evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions.
- Partner with facilitators to ensure the effective delivery of training, including the provision of coaching and train-the-trainer support.
- Mentor and coach Learning and Development team members and others in the enterprise who may have responsibility for developing training as appropriate to increase instructional design and development capability in the enterprise
- Continually enhance learning methods and materials based on best practices in the industry, emerging technologies and vendor resources and products, shifts in business unit requirements and expectations and feedback from customers, trainers and associates.
- Follow project management methodologies to ensure assigned project tasks meet cost, timeliness and quality requirements.
- Participate in long-term Corporate Learning & Development planning and improvement processes.
- May provide direction to others involved in collaborating on instructional design or those delivering training.
- May provide direction to learning and performance specialists, trainers, and training coordinators.
- May provide direction and/or project management lead to external training vendors or curriculum developers.
- Bachelor's degree ( or equivalent education and/or experience) in instructional design, leadership development, human resources, or organizational development. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of broad business experience, including 5 years experience in needs assessment and learning program design/development and 3 years experience in organizational development interventions.
- Experience as an internal consultant and skilled in applying a performance consulting approach to client relations.
- Certified and/or experienced in assessment and development instruments to improve individual, team and organization effectiveness.
- Solid understanding of adult learning theory, process improvement consulting, employee development, and team building.
- Demonstrated competency in instructional design, needs assessment, performance measurement and evaluation, process improvement, team and consulting skills.
- Eye for quality and consistency and strong attention to detail
- Resiliency and tolerance of ambiguity
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Influence skills
- Results orientation
- Customer orientation
- Advanced skill using Microsoft Office applications (Word & PowerPoint)
Bayport, MN US