Value Stream Supervisor - Extrusion - (22705)
Silverline by Andersen, the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer, has an opening for a Value Stream Supervisor at our Lithia Springs, GA location. Qualified applicants will have at least 10 years’ experience in an extrusion manufacturing operation. In this role you will provide support to the Value Stream Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement from procurement to product delivery. You will also take a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, productivity, costs, and customer service and employee satisfaction/development in our extrusion department. In addition, you will coach, train, support, and develop a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with company values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates.
- Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high-performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an extrusion manufacturing operation
- Basic business knowledge about how a business runs and makes decisions
- Effective communicating 1:1 and in groups
- Supports and communicates difficult decisions
- Able to collaborate and motivate associates at all levels
- Display energy for the business and effectively lead change
- Able to coach and develop production associates
- Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment
- Able to support and foster a continuous improvement culture
- Demonstrates strong problems solving skills Manufacturing knowledge:
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and product
- Demonstrates a passion for safety
- Able to facilitate kaizen events
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to bend, squat, twist, push/pull, reach and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Lithia Springs, GA US