Maintenance Technician III - 2nd shift - (22893)
Andersen Corporation is the market leader and most recognized brand among builders in the window and patio door industry with +11,000 employees. The Andersen Division features product lines like Silver Line®, American Craftsman®, 100 Series, 200 Series, 400 Series, A-Series and E-Series. In 2006, Andersen Corporation purchased Silver Line Window and Door Company. Now known as Silver Line by Andersen Corporation, which is the #1 manufacture of vinyl windows and doors that are energy efficient, low maintenance solution that add beauty and charm to any home.
This Maintenance Technician III (2nd shift) position is located in Lithia Springs, GA
- Provide multi-skilled and focused competency maintenance support. Multi-skilled technician satisfied by: State board affiliated trade license (i.e. journeyman/master lic) and mechanically proficient or demonstrated technical expertise in a specific specialized maintenance function. Maintain the responsibilities and performance requirements within both fields of the Maintenance Technician I and II. Mentor and train all technicians. Demonstrate technical engineering expertise/knowledge and utilize effective root cause analysis methods.
- Continuing job-related education is required
- Understand, troubleshoot and problem solve issues of intermediate complexity in advanced electrical/mechanical systems (PLC, Drives, Servo, HMI, CNC, etc.)
- Use the National Electrical Code (NFPA 79) to enforce code that applies to electrical installations
- Diagnose PLC and HMI programs. (Load, modify, create)
- Understand switch functions and trip curves of circuit breakers. Understand the principles of circuit interruption, components of a switchgear assembly, and preventive maintenance requirements.
- Troubleshoot, inspect and clean components in motor controllers
- Proficient at shaft misalignment, conditions affecting alignment, measurements and measuring tools for realignment, and methods used for shaft alignment including reverse dial, laser and rim and face.
- Strong understanding of gaskets and packing, packing glands, and installation of gaskets and packing.
- Strong understanding of types and operation of mechanical seals causes of seal failure and the process of mechanical seal installation.
- Understand advanced functions of CNC equipment.
- Reengineer equipment for more efficiency.
- Define the sequence of blowers / pumps for material flow.
- Proficient at hydraulic and pneumatic system diagrams and the operation of all components.
- Proficient at hydraulic system diagrams to determine fluid flow through a valve bank system
- Proficient at pneumatic system diagrams to determine fluid flow through a valve bank system
- Understand purpose of symbols used in and information provided in plant systems diagrams including equipment arrangement, piping system, piping and instrumentation and electrical diagrams.
- Proficient at heating / ventilation systems.
- Proficient at maintaining air handling units
- Understanding of fire sprinkler systems and zones.
- Design and Fabricate machine guards per OSHA standards
- Proficient at RCCA (root cause corrective action) activities and tools.
- PC skills - Understand, troubleshoot and problem solve issues of intermediate complexity in advanced electrical/mechanical systems (PLC, Drives, Servo, HMI, CNC, etc
- Minimum of a Class A Journeyman License preferred, or working towards and obtaining, or currently possessing an Electrical qualifications and or Mechanical field qualifications.
- Time served experience in the maintenance field.
- Must own basic hand tools.
- Must be available to work on call as needed.
- Willingness to work as part of a team or independently as the situation requires
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Lithia Springs, GA US