Welcome to Andersen
Andersen is the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. Founded in 1903 and headquartered in Bayport, Minnesota, Andersen Corporation includes Andersen® Windows & Doors, Renewal by Andersen® Window Replacement Services, Silver Line® Windows & Doors, American Craftsman® Windows & Doors, Andersen® Storm Doors and MQ™ Luxury Windows and Doors. With $2.5 billion in sales, 21+ manufacturing and technical centers, 13,000 employees, we proudly serve customers in North America and Europe. Our employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Andersen is a great place to launch and grow a career. Make your difference with us today.
Focus / Objective: Leading a technical team supporting processing of thermoplastic composite materials that are vital to Andersen window and door manufactured products. Focus will be leading an engineering and technical team in a facility using processes to make complex parts and leading this team through projects which develop processes are clearly defined and capable of producing high quality through data analysis and continuous improvement activities.
• Provide operational technical support for existing applications and processes.
• Analyze data, develop proposals focused on improvements and present to management. Improvement areas include safety/quality/delivery/cost, overall customer satisfaction and reducing process variation.
• Drive team to execute Process Improvement projects based on hands-on process observations and data driven decisions
• Audit and evolve current data collection systems and build future systems to yield actionable results (challenge the status quo). Develop metrics to show status and improvements with regular reporting.
• Study and understand the cause and effect relationship of the critical process variables to the desired product attributes.
• Provide technical leadership to develop, evolve, and improve existing tooling and processing capabilities.
• Collaborate with other leaders to share technical expertise and best practices especially with similar processes to achieve short and long term corporate strategies and their integration with broad and complex technical challenges.
• Take a leadership role in helping shape and execute the short and long term strategies.
• Plan, organize and lead technical aspects of large-scale capital / expense projects to successful conclusion.
• Help facilitate the commercialization activities for new applications and products in collaboration with product development, manufacturing and plant operations. Work with business partners to achieve win/win solutions regarding designing for manufacturability and process capability.
• Work independently under general managerial direction with ability to develop and implement own work objectives.
• Keep informed on supplier offerings and developing technologies to determine opportunities worth pursuing.
• Schedule, assign, direct, review and perform related work coordination activities and follow-ups with others on technical teams.
• Participate in developing curricula for use within technology areas and providing general training
• Develop the engineering and technician team in disciplined problem solving, skill set growth, and leadership in order to continue to create a pipeline of talent for our future.Qualifications
• 4 year engineering degree with preference for Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
• Engineering experience – helpful to have background in thermoplastics, extrusion or other types of continuous manufacturing processes.
• Strong aptitude in problem solving using analytical tools, making process improvements and technical writing.
• Strong communication and project management skills with ability to work independently in a cross functional team environment.
• Knowledge and experience with quality systems, statistical process control, process capability and lean manufacturing tools.
Come join us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.