Andersen, the largest window and door manufacturer in North America, is hiring Machine Operators (Extruder Operators) in our North Branch, Minnesota facility.
Operators will tend to and operate extrusion machines to produce required parts as determined by the production schedule and customer demand. Additionally, Operators will inspect the product against established requirements and will develop advanced skills including troubleshooting and performing profile change-overs.
Competitive Wages: Starting wage for an Extruder Operator is $13.25/hour. Employees working the overnight shift will earn a starting wage of $14.44/hour. All employees will be paid double for working on Sundays regardless of shift.
Shifts: All employees are assigned to one of four crews and follow a 6 week schedule. During these 6 weeks you will typically work 3 or 4 days consecutively then have 3 or 4 days off. Three of the weeks you will work 36 hours and the other three you will work 48 hours. All shifts are 12 hours in length and each crew works 3 of the 6 weekends. Once the 6 weeks is over, your crew will begin another 6 week schedule that follows the same pattern. Two crews work 6AM-6PM and the other two crews work 6PM-6AM.
- Analyze production data and make necessary adjustments to the operation of extrusion related equipment.
- Move materials in and out of the line as needed including: packaging materials, raw materials and finished product.
- Complete necessary documentation of process checks, quality checks and production reporting.
- Troubleshoot standard problems using a defined process and refer complex problems to the appropriate resources.
- Assist with the set-up and start-up of any profile for all machines in a work cell.
- Identify and communicate appropriately when electrical, mechanical or technical support is needed.
- Willingness to seek out additional roles and responsibilities within your department and expand knowledge regarding Andersen’s products.
- Participate in on-the-job training initiatives and transfer skills learned into daily work.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety policies and procedures. This includes ensuring co-workers are adhering to safety protocol.
- Attend and participate in appropriate training and development programs.
- Perform other duties across the plant as needed and directed by supervision or management.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Desire to learn skills on the job in a fast paced environment.
- Equipment maintenance experience preferred.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- Ability to articulate both written and verbal processes and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a physical assessment that tests to ensure all candidates can meet the demands of the position including: bending, pulling, pushing, twisting, and lifting at least 50 pounds.
- Willingness to cross-train on several operations.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in safety, quality, initiative, teamwork, attitude and attendance.
- Shift flexibility.