Welcome to Andersen
Andersen is the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. Founded in 1903 and headquartered in Bayport, Minnesota, Andersen Corporation includes Andersen® Windows & Doors, Renewal by Andersen® Window Replacement Services, Silver Line® Windows & Doors, American Craftsman® Windows & Doors, Andersen® Storm Doors and MQ™ Luxury Windows and Doors. With $2.5 billion in sales, 21+ manufacturing and technical centers, 13,000 employees, we proudly serve customers in North America and Europe. Our employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Andersen is a great place to launch and grow a career. Make your difference with us today.
The Quality Manager represents a key role for the plant. The primary responsibilities of this position are the development, integration, management and growth of the plant’s Quality System. Each plant Quality System will be aligned to the enterprise’s Operational Quality System. The top-level metrics for the plant will align to Warranty, Initial Quality and Air/Water/Structural improvement. The Quality Manager will also lead code and compliance to all related enterprise standards. They will also focus on the development of creative improvements consistent with policy deployment and our customers.
This position works in parallel with both the Enterprise Quality and the plant’s leadership staff. The Quality Manager will ensure the business processes, quality technologies, quality systems and plant culture are being developed to deliver products and services at the highest possible value to our end customer. This position is also responsible to ensure his/her teams can demonstrate progress against Enterprise Quality goals while meeting the objectives of the plant’s goals.
Specifically, the Quality Manager’s duties are:
- Work with Enterprise Quality Organization to design and execute an Operational Quality System (OQS).
- Responsible to develop, execute and maintain the Plant’s Quality strategies and objectives in alignment with the enterprise vision.
- Prioritize and direct quality related projects with an understanding of “total cost”.
- Lead Code and Compliance issues affecting the plant’s process requirements.
- Manage actions directed toward Initial Quality, Warranty and Air/Water/Structural specific to plant. Also implement and manage non-conformance and error-proofing techniques.
- Lead the development of departmental quality objectives in support of business strategies including both short and long term.
- Lead plant’s part qualification efforts to comply with corporate standard.
- Responsible to build, develop and maintain the Quality resources required to meet customer expectations.
- Partner with many different cross functional managers to accomplish Quality’s yearly business objectives.
- Establish organizational partnerships to improve our overall effectiveness of delivering the highest level of value.
- Provide training and mentoring to the plant on process, methodologies, and planning.
- Continuously monitor product and process trends for changes in quality or related issues over the course of time. Identify opportunities to continuously improve quality and cost consistent with business objectives.
- Engineering/Quality experience with a minimum of 7 years of technical quality management.
- BS degree in related field or equivalent.
- MS preferred but not required.
- Strong management and planning skills.
- Experience in working with cross functional groups.
- Well-versed in QA process and methodologies with an ability to adapt according to the needs of the business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Quality management systems, quality tools and production processes.
- Experience with product conformance testing with closed loop corrective action.
- Proven track record of working closely with development/process engineers and management in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented with good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to assess and analyze risk on a day to day basis.
- Experience with project planning tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership approach to deliver on business results.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Come join us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.