Welcome to Andersen
Andersen is the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. Founded in 1903 and headquartered in Bayport, Minnesota, Andersen Corporation includes Andersen® Windows & Doors, Renewal by Andersen® Window Replacement Services, Silver Line® Windows & Doors, American Craftsman® Windows & Doors, Andersen® Storm Doors and MQ™ Luxury Windows and Doors. With $2.5 billion in sales, 21+ manufacturing and technical centers, 13,000 employees, we proudly serve customers in North America and Europe. Our employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Andersen is a great place to launch and grow a career. Make your difference with us today.
Applicants with a demonstrated track record of cross-functional team collaboration and experience in the areas described below are encouraged to apply for this exciting and important role in our organization
We are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Supervisor to join our team in Lithia Springs, Georgia.
- This position is responsible for leading the plant outbound finished good loading teams across a (2) shift operation.
- Establishing and managing processes to support the business requirements of the manufacturing plant and the logistics site.
- Develop lean material flow process for return carts in and finished goods out
- Train and Develop standard work for operators from the outfeed of manufacturing through loading process
- Manage daily activities of yard driver to sequence in-bound and out-bound loads
- Engage with our logistics site to ensure proper flow of product
- Support our WMS process, trouble shoot issues and provide solutions
- Supervise and coordinate the development and communication of materials flow, information flow and inventory management for the plant
- Lead, direct, and participate in continuous improvement activities to accomplish plant business goals and objectives in terms of safety, quality, customer service, cost and staff development.
- Provide linkage to support resources such as Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering and Configuration Services, IT, Distribution, Transportation, and Consolidation Centers.
- Ensures coordination and integration of manufacturing and planning policies, processes and programs, including customer service and operational efficiencies, which support the Plant and Supply Chain Metrics
- Coach, train, support, and develop a team of flexible, multi-skilled staff in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s Lean principles, values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Design and implement cost improvement business models across the supply chain that achieves strategic process improvements.
- May define and lead medium to large projects
- Prepare forecast/budget production levels.
- Requires ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, offer solutions, and implement to achieve the desired results.
- Develop and implement effective processes for new product offerings/enhancements and ramp-up/ramp-down plans for material changes.
- Align project or process improvement goals with functional business objectives.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
- Maintain high level of visibility with staff. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve staff/ associates in problem solving.
- Develop a high-performance work team by providing appropriate training, tools, guidance, coaching and feedback. Support and involve employees in identifying and permanently removing obstacles to performance excellence; provide & support developmental opportunities for staff.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Optimize around plan/source /delivery capabilities of our ERP tool.
- Responsible for performance to Cost Center budgets
- Create future-state vision of operations and enable staff to execute the vision
- 4 year degree in supply chain, business, engineering or related degree and 8+ years’ experience including 2 years of supervisory experience in supply chain
- Solid understanding of information systems that support supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Must have demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, facilitation and giving presentations
- Experience in creating high performance teams through understanding employee capabilities and providing performance feedback.
- Knowledge and skills in problem solving, analysis, communication, and opportunity identification.
- Proficient in lean manufacturing methodologies and how to apply through Andersen Manufacturing System (AMS)
- Demonstrated ability in coaching and training others.
- Enthusiastic, positive outlook.
- Project Management experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Access preferred.
- Problem Solving & Opportunity Identification skills.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Come join us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.