Manufacturing Engineering Manager - (22768)
This position is responsible to manage the Manufacturing Engineering function within manufacturing plants. The position is also responsible to manage and drive the process of continuous improvement; focusing on increasing customer satisfaction, reducing waste, increasing efficiency and eliminating variation in manufacturing processes within the value stream supply chain (procurement to delivery). Assigned plant is large and complex with multiple value streams to support.
This position also ensures that assigned manufacturing engineering team is operated in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Lead and manage the manufacturing engineering changes in the plants along with business partners in RTQ&E, value stream managers, and the Lean Program office
- Provide input to Plant metrics with plant manager
- Aligns resources to the strategic goals and objectives of the organization through influence in the planning phases
- Lead the continuous product improvement and cost reduction efforts with business partners (i.e. Process and Product Engineering) ensuring that a rigorous process is followed and that all efforts are aligned with Lean manufacturing principles
- Define and communicate performance targets established through policy deployment for safety, quality, customer service, costs and associate satisfaction/development with Manufacturing Engineering team. Hold team accountable to those targets
- Work with business partners to determine appropriate projects to focus on, using available data from design reviews, internal/external fall down figures, etc. as a directional tool
- Lead the testing/analysis effort with business partners to determine root cause of problems. Lead plant level resolution efforts for Supplier and Customer corrective action process
- Interface with Advanced Design, Product Engineering, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of new product or product revisions
- Participate with business partners and customers in the Capital Expenditure and Engineering Change Control process with a focus on building quality assurance into the process
- Continue to build and sustain the role and responsibility model for the Manufacturing Engineering team along with the educational/training model for career development
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with plant management and other business partners on the execution of policy deployment and establishing employee involvement programs (Kaizens, etc.)
- Promote Lean Manufacturing principles with a focus on creating value and eliminating waste
- Establish an environment conducive to high levels of morale, associate satisfaction, and performance
- Deliver performance to budget. Use participative approach in budgeting process
- Ensure alignment of activities and resources within the Manufacturing Engineering team, and ensure cross-organization collaboration and associate involvement where appropriate
- Acquire the appropriate people, technology, equipment and financial resources necessary to meet customer expectations and implement the business improvement plans
- Provide coaching, information, ideas, feedback and encouragement to associates and managers to promote the growth and development of the performance engineering team.
- Continued personal growth and development. Support and encourage continuous learning within the Engineering team.
- Be highly visible to associates and create a safe environment for participation
- Promote going to Gemba to solve problems and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Technology, or Management (MS preferred)
- 3 – 5 years of experience in, engineering leadership role, engineering, quality or area of technical support
- Proven leader
- Background in manufacturing and engineering leadership preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, capital equipment procurement, line balancing and quality programs and initiatives.
- Past experience with budgeting, leading cost savings initiatives and driving value into a manufacturing operation.
- Interface with materials management/vendors on equipment procurement issues that arise from any external/internal source
- Interface with groups responsible for methodologies, i.e. new product development, continuous product improvement, or process improvement
- Interface with Maintenance/Operations on any preventative maintenance issues that arise where the operation of machinery interferes with meeting objectives
Direction of Others:
- 1 to 2 Engineer team leads
- 7 to 10 Engineers/Technicians
Business acumen and knowledge:
- Cost accounting
- Financial justification
- Listening skills
- Effective 1:1 and in groups
- Senior leadership level presentation skills
Garland, TX US