Andersen Corporation has an excellent growth opportunity for a 1st shift Value Stream Supervisor at the Bayport, Minnesota facility. In this role you will support the Value Stream Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for a large/complex/changing value stream (procurement to delivery).
In this lead role, you will be responsible for meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate satisfaction/development within the value stream. In addition, you will coach, train, support, and develop a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high-performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Deploy and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- 2 – 4 years of supervisory or work center lead experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principles a plus
- Continuing education in the following areas: Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Manufacturing, Leadership, and Coaching
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people
- Basic business knowledge about how a business runs and makes decisions
- Listening skills
- Effective communicating 1:1 and in groups
- Able to facilitate kaizen events
- Able to coach and develop production associates
- Able to support and foster a continuous improvement culture
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression