Welcome to Andersen
Andersen is the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. Founded in 1903 and headquartered in Bayport, Minnesota, Andersen Corporation includes Andersen® Windows & Doors, Renewal by Andersen® Window Replacement Services, Silver Line® Windows & Doors, American Craftsman® Windows & Doors, Andersen® Storm Doors and MQ™ Luxury Windows and Doors. With $2.5 billion in sales, 21+ manufacturing and technical centers, 13,000 employees, we proudly serve customers in North America and Europe. Our employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Andersen is a great place to launch and grow a career. Make your difference with us today.
This position is responsible to effectively contribute to our Commercialization Engineering Efforts through leading large-scale projects/assignments and/or playing the key technical role in projects/assignments.
· Assess current vs. future capacity requirements and implement capacity improvements.
· Demonstrated use of capital project management skills to deliver safe, effective, and reliable capital solutions.
· Solid understanding of DMAIC tools; when to apply them, interpretation of results and application for effective solutions.
· Interface with Advanced Design, Product Engineering, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of new product or product revisions.
· Utilize Value Stream Mapping tool to develop current state VSM’s, interpret maps to identify improvement opportunities and create future state VSM’s.