Public Relations Specialist - (22706)
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for supporting the day-to-day public relations efforts for Andersen and its business divisions. This position assists in the development and implementation of PR Strategies to position and promote Andersen’s business accomplishments, product innovation, sustainability efforts and community outreach to the appropriate trade, national and local media outlets. In this role, you will develop and implement the public relations strategy to support corporate brand and product communications.
- Respond to media inquiries and proactive news pitching to local, trade, and national media. Write and distribute press releases and prepare briefing materials. Arrange spokesperson press interviews and media tours. Be instrumental in developing key messages. Serve as a spokesperson for the organization. Escort members of the media when they visit Andersen sites. Organize press conferences and related materials.
- Develop fresh story ideas and write contributed articles. Responsible for developing strategies to successfully pitch content and experts to journalists via social media as well as increasing Andersen’s social media presence and web traffic. Work closely with the social media team to monitor the Andersen-related social media pages and to scour various websites and publications for fresh content. Conceptualize, develop, and produce written materials for internal and external audiences.
- Participate in communications planning for Andersen corporate and divisional product teams. Ensure a coordinated approach to news and public relations, as well as marketing efforts, working closely with Andersen leadership and marketing teams to ensure effectiveness, avoid duplication of effort, and ensure alignment. Coordinate activities and events for internal and external audiences. Track, communicate, and evaluates progress of projects and metrics throughout process. Provide regular reports.
- Collecting input from site leaders regarding local accomplishments, volunteerism and milestones to develop PR strategies to elevate reputation of Andersen as a top employer, great community partner and manufacturer of high-quality products. Plan public relations activities designed to support the company’s growth strategy and to reinforce the company’s good reputation. Provide publicity support for regional special events, volunteer groups, recruitment and programs.
- Develop an editorial plan for trade and local media, including award program nominations to recognize Andersen leadership, community involvement, employer brand, product excellence and innovation. Develop and track nominations.
- Lead cross-functional effort to coordinate Andersen Corporate, Divisional Marketing and Local Site PR efforts
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in public relations or media relations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or another relevant field
- Familiarity working with media monitoring tools like Cision, Meltwater, Vocus, etc.
- PR agency experience is a plus, or similarly demonstrated in-house PR success
- Be a strong communicator in written and spoken English
- Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Associated Press (AP) style
Oak Park Heights, MN US