Value Stream Supervisor – 2nd Shift - (22619)
The purpose of this position is to support the Plant Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for a large/complex/changing value stream (procurement to delivery). This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate satisfaction/development within the value stream. The Value Stream Supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Eagle by Andersen’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates.
- Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Deploy and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc
4-year degree or equivalent experience
Basic business knowledge about how a business runs and makes decisions.
Effective communicating 1:1 and in groups
Able to motivate associates
Bias for action
Displays energy for the business
Supports and communicates difficult decisions
Collaborates with associates at all levels
Effectively leads change
Able to coach and develop production associates
Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment
Able to support and foster a continuous improvement culture
Works effectively with production associates
Demonstrates strong problems solving skills Manufacturing knowledge:
Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and product
Demonstrates a passion for safety
Able to facilitate kaizen events
Dubuque, IA US