PURPOSE: To maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all production equipment in a timely manner to control downtime costs.
· Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical functions, mechanical drive units, industrial hydraulic and pneumatic powers, plumbing architectures, PLC’s and ladder diagrams, AC and DC circuits, electrical sensors and switches, motor controls and servo controllers, safety circuits which include E-stops, light curtains, floor mats, safety relays and safety switches. PC knowledge for upgrading troubleshooting and machine functions via touch screen controls and machine operation software (including G-code & M-code Programming)
· Knowledge and use of hand tools and machine shop equipment, the proper use of all test equipment used to perform all Multi-trade repairs of production equipment as well as dust collection and material handling equipment (pallet lifts and fork trucks).
· Evaluate equipment for any repairs, enhancements, or upgrades and complete work as needed.
· Complete preventative maintenance tasks as scheduled, and document finished work.
· Contact vendors, order parts, and keep inventory of replacement parts on hand for all equipment.
· Machine implementation including, rigging, leveling, facilities (air, hydraulics, dust collection and safety) along with testing and modifying as needed to prepare machine for production.
· Fabrication and installation of all needed fixturing, guarding and any machine parts needed. This included one or more of the following: design, layout, sheet metal work, welding, machine shop work, carpentry and painting.
· Work with Management to schedule and complete requested work.
· Repair of pneumatic drills and screw guns, routers, saw motors and bearing assemblies for lineal slides and spindles.
· Assist in the deployment of TPM objectives.
· Work with engineering to implement design changes of equipment, jigs, and fixturing for enhancement, upgrades or replacements.
· Work with IT Department for production equipment that is being implemented into our MES
· Assist with building maintenance equipment/issues as needed.
· Work with engineering on new plant layouts/ moving of equipment, and additions of equipment.
· Work with external contractors as needed, in both production and other related areas of the plant.
· Support MES with help of IT department as needed for hardware/ software issues.
· Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to trouble shoot and resolve problems related to PLC and electromechanical aspects of manufacturing equipment.
· Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems.
· Ability to troubleshoot under pressure on all lines of production and be able to prioritize the repairs.
· Ability to read prints including mechanical, fluid power, electrical, and building prints.
· Ability to properly use testing equipment including (electrical, mechanical and fluid power).
· Be able to support production by yourself and be self-motivated.
· Strong Communication skills.
· Possess excellent analytical skills, data interpretation.
· Broad knowledge of PLC ‘s and electrical principles.
· Broad knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
· Knowledge of plumbing, machine piping, HVAC and central dust collection.
· Knowledge and use of hand, power, shop tools and equipment associated with the position.
· Knowledge of safety practices such as lockout/tagout and proper use of PPE.
· 2 Year degree or equivalent.
· 5 Years of experience in related fields.
· Be able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
· Be familiar with Panel building and machine building practices and techniques.