Operations Manager - (22679)
Weiland Sliding Doors & Windows, the leader in the specialty door segment, is seeking a hands-on and dynamic operations leader for its Operations Manager position in Oceanside, California. In this role, you will be responsible for managing, delivering overall business results, and driving the process of continuous improvement for the Distribution function and multiple value streams. You will also be responsible for managing the site safety and AMS functions, while also ensuring that the functional areas are operated in accordance with Andersen’s values, employee covenant and strategic direction.
Applicants with a demonstrated track record of cross-functional team collaboration and experience in the areas described below are encouraged to apply for this exciting and important role in our organization.
- Manage day-to-day operations of multiple value streams and key functional areas (Main Plant, Automated Paint Line, Safety, AMS, Materials, Shipping, Storage and Distribution).
- Act as liaison to coordinate and manage the distribution process.
- Manages Managers/Supervisors to ensure team provides site-level coverage and leadership during first and second shift. Ensures that a wide variety of issues are identified and addressed appropriately, following company guidelines and practices (this may include supplier, productivity, safety, associate issues, etc.).
- Deliver agreed results in the areas of safety, quality, customer service, cost and associate satisfaction/development for all areas of responsibility.
- Define and communicate performance targets for safety, quality, customer service and cost.
- Develop and implement plans to provide process improvement in key areas defined above. Value stream improvement initiatives will be aligned with Lean Manufacturing principles and the manufacturing strategic plan.
- Establish an environment conducive to high levels of morale, associate satisfaction, and performance.
- Deliver performance to budget. Use participative approach in budgeting process.
- Ensure alignment of activities and resources within the value stream and functional areas. Ensure cross-organization collaboration and associate involvement where appropriate.
- Acquire the appropriate people, technology, equipment and financial resources necessary to meet customer expectations and implement the business improvement plans.
- Support new process and product development and implementation.
- Participate in negotiations with suppliers regarding issues that impact the value stream and distribution: prices, quality, customer service, etc.
- Be highly visible to associates and create a safe environment for participation. Promote active/hands-on management to solve problems and promote high involvement approaches to problem solving.
- Establish visual management techniques to manage the value stream and distribution/shipping functions.
- Mentor developing Managers, Superintendents and Supervisors by providing coaching, information, ideas, feedback, and encouragement to associates and managers to promote the growth and development of the value stream teams.
- Make the best possible use of company data and information, control procedures and work schedules as they apply to managed business section.
- Establishes realistic goals and programs for attaining results for departments and supervisors in managed business section.
- Maintains good employee relations in managed business section by seeing that policies and procedures are understood and applied in a fair and uniform manner.
- Sees that the best interests of the corporation and majority of associates get first consideration in resolving isolated problems in managed business section.
- Continued personal growth and development. Role model supporting the value of continuous learning.
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years of supervisory or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of world-class (Lean, Safety, Quality and Manufacturing).
- Proven leader
Business Acumen and Knowledge:
- Cost accounting
- Financial justification
- IRR and ROI
- Make/buy analysis
- Listening skills
- Effective 1:1 and in groups
- Presentation skills
- Persuasiveness and ability to effectively debate/sell ideas
- Able to motivate associates at all levels.
- Bias for action.
- Displays energy for the business
- Demonstrates courage to make difficult decisions and act
- Collaborates with associates at all levels
- Role model for change
- Able to coach and develop people at all levels within own organization
- Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment
- Able to create and foster a continuous improvement culture
- Comfortable with and able to work effectively with associates
- Role model for effective conflict resolution
- Strong coaching skills for next level leaderships
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes/IT systems
- Able to articulate engineering and quality requirements and then deploy resources to produce the required solutions.
- Demonstrates a passion for safety
- Able to facilitate Kaizen events
- Strong knowledge of the supply chain.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Oceanside, CA US