Welcome to Andersen
Andersen is the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. Founded in 1903 and headquartered in Bayport, Minnesota, Andersen Corporation includes Andersen® Windows & Doors, Renewal by Andersen® Window Replacement Services, Silver Line® Windows & Doors, American Craftsman® Windows & Doors, Andersen® Storm Doors and MQ™ Luxury Windows and Doors. With $2.5 billion in sales, 21+ manufacturing and technical centers, 13,000 employees, we proudly serve customers in North America and Europe. Our employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Andersen is a great place to launch and grow a career. Make your difference with us today.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects aligned to lean manufacturing principles aimed at built-in quality, in-process defect prevention, detection tools and reinforcement of next operator as customer mentality.
- Interface with advanced design, product engineering, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of new product or product revisions.
- Understand and effectively balance daily work load between tactical and strategic projects
- Provide coaching and guidance to Quality Technicians on processes and practices
- Provide immediate response and corrective actions to part/process issues directly impacting Value Stream and/or end customer
- Identify projects that will target the reduction of process variation, containment of supplier defects and elimination of non-standard work to drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor product and process statistical trends for changes and lead/drive continuous improvement activities associated with improved customer satisfaction, waste reduction and elimination of process variation.
- Active participation in programs that focus on root cause analysis, corrective action, and holding the gains on improvements throughout the supply chain.
- Build cooperative relationships across the organization. Interface with Business Partner groups responsible for our processes and or methodologies.
- Participates on comprehensive and technically challenging projects/assignments.
- Ensure all stages of Product Lifecycle Management by tracking impact through all levels process trials/changes (First Article, PPAP, Production trials) and effectively communicate results
- Use participative team approach to problem solving and root cause analysis with Associates, Supervisors, Maintenance, Value Stream Managers, Materials Management, R&T and peers.
- Develop practical customer satisfaction improvement concept, understand required cross-functional interactions to establish an implementation plan and complete on-time and within budget.
- Evaluate internal and supplier process/parts for non-conformances, issue corrective action (5-Why, CAPA, PDCA) documentation and evaluate responses rootcause and countermeasures for effectiveness.
- Collaborate with delivery partners to determine appropriate projects of focus, using available data from observation, queries, process data, and working partner input.
- Strong understanding of DMAIC tools; when to apply them, interpretation of results and application for effective solutions (process map, process capability, C&E matrix, fishbone diagram, FMEA, MSA, DOE, control plan) drive improvement activity.
- Demonstrates self-driven personal growth and development
- Engineering/Quality experience in a high volume mass production environment a positive, but not required
- BS degree in Engineering or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in Minitab or other statistical software a positive, but not required
- Experience with project planning tools
- Experience with product conformance testing, root cause analysis, mating part interactions and driving corrective actions
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Come join us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.