Full time CDL A truck driver positions!
Starting Rate $22.55
After 12 Months $23.80
About the position:
This current opportunity will be based in Des Moines, IA. The Driver will be expected to transport and deliver our windows and doors to our dealers, distribution centers and/or construction job sites using a tractor-trailer. This position requires a wide range of skills from practicing safe driving and delivery to top-notch customer service. This is a hands-on delivery driving position.
- Work Schedule – Our drivers generally work Monday – Friday and are home most nights and every weekend.
- Work Hours - Drivers generally will start routes between 3 am – 6 am. A typical day can range from 10 – 14 hours depending on route assigned.
- Compensation – Our drivers are paid hourly and are eligible for overtime!
- Benefits – Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, 10 paid holidays, profit sharing, 401k, and paid vacation during the first year.
- Training - As a new driver you will be working with an experienced driver learning the routes, customers and the products.
- Safely assist in the loading and unloading of the product to customer’s location and/ or return products. (Driver will be required to handle the windows and doors).
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of windows and doors of varying weights
- Drive truck to destinations in accordance with Federal regulations.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speed in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including driver logs, possible fuel purchases, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Professional representation of the Andersen Corporation.
- Able to answer questions regarding packing lists, invoices, packaging and material content. If unable to answer specific questions, direct customer to appropriate contact at Andersen.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Job Specifications – Eligibility Requirements
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License and doubles endorsement if twin trailers are pulled at location.
- Have an acceptable accident and moving violation Motor Vehicle Record.
- 2 years’ previous tractor-trailer (or straight truck, depending on equipment) driving experience including winter driving experience.
- Ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, read road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions via on-board computer system and by phone.
- Working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, vehicle inspection and maintenance.
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Satisfactorily pass a drug test.
- Ability to sit and remain alert while driving for extended periods of time.
- Ability to shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Ability to perform frequent squatting or crouching to handle position and secure windows and doors.
- Able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab as many as 45 times a day or more.
- Able to perform frequent pushing or pulling of windows and doors weighing up to 100 pounds on a dolly or cart.
- Able to frequently carry windows and doors weighing up to 50 pounds of varying size and shape and occasionally carry windows and doors weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Able to frequently reach for cargo above shoulder level, at waist level and below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate the truck.
- Able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel lever, lock and release pintle-hooks, attach and release safety chains, open and close cargo doors, climb into and off of vehicles, fuel vehicles and check engine oil coolant levels.