Full time CDL A Driver Position!
Starting Rate: $22.85
After 12 Months: 24.10
About the position:
This current opportunity will be based in Kansas City, MO. The Driver will be expected to transport and deliver our windows and doors to our dealers, distribution centers and/or construction job sites using a tractor-trailer. This position will be expected to cover shuttles, line hauls, and routes to meet increases in volume and open routes. The Driver will need to have the ability to stay overnight multiple nights per week and travel to domicile locations based on need. The role will also safely perform all aspects of dock work based on work volume. This is a hands-on delivery driving position.
- Work Schedule – Our drivers generally work Monday – Friday and are home most nights and every weekend.
- Work Hours - Drivers generally will start routes between 3 am – 6 am. A typical day can range from 10 – 14 hours depending on route assigned.
- Compensation – Our drivers are paid hourly and are eligible for overtime!
- Benefits – Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, 10 paid holidays, profit sharing, 401k, and paid vacation during the first year.
- Training - As a new driver you will be working with an experienced driver learning the routes, customers and the products.
- Safely assist in the loading and unloading of the product to customer’s location and/ or return products. (Driver will be required to handle the windows and doors).
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of windows and doors of varying weights
- Drive truck to destinations in accordance with Federal regulations.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speed in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including driver logs, possible fuel purchases, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Professional representation of the Andersen Corporation.
- Able to answer questions regarding packing lists, invoices, packaging and material content. If unable to answer specific questions, direct customer to appropriate contact at Andersen.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Job Specifications – Eligibility Requirements
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License and doubles endorsement if twin trailers are pulled at location.
- Have an acceptable accident and moving violation Motor Vehicle Record.
- 2 years previous tractor-trailer (or straight truck, depending on equipment) driving experience including winter driving experience.
- Ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, read road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions via on-board computer system and by phone.
- Working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, vehicle inspection and maintenance.
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Satisfactorily pass a drug test.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Must be able to perform frequent squatting or crouching to handle, position and secure freight.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab as many as 45 times a day or more.
- Must be able to perform frequent pulling of freight weighing up to 200 pounds on a dolly or cart.
- Must be able to frequently perform carrying freight weighing up to 80 pounds of varying size and shape.
- Must be able to frequently reach for cargo above shoulder level, at waist level and below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate the truck.
- Must be able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel lever, lock and release pintle-hooks, attach and release safety chains, open and close cargo doors, climb into and off of vehicles, fuel vehicles and check engine oil coolant levels.