Provides support in developing, interpreting, and implementing accounting and financial practices, procedures and policies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), by performing the following duties.
- Under general supervision, responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resulting managerial and financial reports.
- Interprets and applies corporate financial policies, government legislation, and accounting theory. Assists in design of new policies and recommends corrections and improvements to existing policies.
- Helps formulate approved accounting practices for the enterprise to ensure financial reporting accurately and reliably reflect the Company’s financial performance and results.
- Monitors the system of internal accounting controls to insure the safeguarding of company assets and compliance with company policies and procedures. Recommends corrective action.
- Assists in the development and improvement of accounting and financial reporting systems for the benefit of internal and external business partners to obtain processing efficiencies and more accurate and relevant financial data. Business partners include the Board of Directors, stockholders and executives.
- Compiles, classifies, consolidates, examines and analyzes accounting records; prepares related financial statements for the enterprise.
- Interacts with management, the Information Technology group, accountants, financial analysts, outside auditors and other company personnel to enable and implement complex accounting systems and processes in accordance with GAAP.
- Applies intermediate accounting skills to maintain, communicate and disclose information in accordance with corporate standards, GAAP and department objectives.
- Performs complex reconciliations of accounting and financial records and systems.
- Responsible for compiling complex analyses and reports for department management and other business partners under direct supervision.
- May be assigned analysis in support of organization’s annual budget process, expense/service fee/staffing forecasts, or statistical reporting.
- Works with and provides assistance to centralized and decentralized business units, business partners and customers with financial analyses of results, departmental budgets, accounting related research projects, program analysis and project support.
- Helps identify issues and assists in the analysis, resolution and communication of solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA, CMA preferred plus three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer and related system skills.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates competence in the following leadership skills: Personal Integrity, Results Orientation, Customer Orientation, Assessment/Evaluation, Communication, Initiative, Problem Solving / Opportunity Identification, and Self-development capability.