Manufacturing Engineer II - (22590)
Andersen Storm Door Division has a rewarding opportunity available for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to lead continuous improvement projects at our facility located in Luray, Virginia. In this role, you will support managing projects such as the implementation of a new assembly line, modifying existing lines, designing simple fixtures and tools, provide support to several upgrades taking place at the facility, as well as manage large capital investment projects. The basis of the projects you will be working on will revolve around Lean/Six Sigma concepts that define our equipment and processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Plan, direct, and manage large-scale projects requiring capital investments
- Develop implementation timeline and provide updates to management team
- Develop equipment specifications, and work with external vendors to modify and build equipment to specs.
- Extend purchase orders and manage capital equipment procurement process
- Develop business case ROI’s (return on investment) for process improvements
- Interfaces with advanced design, product engineering, quality, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of new product or product revisions
- Process mapping, process capability, C&E Matrix, fishbone diagram, FMEA, MSA, DOE, Control Plans
- Perform dimensional and engineering analysis of loads, fit and tolerances of packaging to validate designs
- Identify and design enhancements to existing fabrication and assembly processes to improve first time through repeatability
- Develop concepts for cost reduction opportunities, manufacturing flexibility, and SKU reduction
- Lead continuous improvement projects aligned to lean manufacturing principles
- Lead cost reduction and yield improvement projects with delivery partners
- Demonstrates continued personal growth and development.
- Builds cooperative relationships across the organization. Interfaces with Business Partner groups responsible for our processes and or methodologies, i.e. AMS, new product development or continuous product and process improvement.
- BS in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Has considerable versatility in applying specialized technical knowledge in a wide variety of situations
- Possesses knowledge across a wide variety of technologies
- Knowledge demonstrates mastery in several technical areas of expertise
- Possesses unique or specific knowledge that is frequently sought out by others
- Strong understanding of the interrelationship that needs to exist between functional areas the business
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Luray, VA US