Product Engineering Manager - (22585)
Renewal by Andersen is looking for an accomplished, driven, and collaborative Product Design Manager to help perfect our customer’s experience in upgrading their homes. This player/coach will be leading both quality and design engineers, while working collaboratively to deliver product design solutions that improve quality, performance, and manufacturability. This role will have a significant impact on the profitability of Renewal by Andersen and the experience our customers have through RbA products!
Andersen Corporation is a privately held, nationally recognized, and market leading manufacturer of premium quality windows and doors. Renewal by Andersen is the wholly owned Window and Door replacement division of the Andersen Corporation.
This role will both manage projects and lead a team of quality and design engineers. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing strategies to improve out of box quality and long-term performance
- Managing projects from inception to commercialization
- Providing coaching and work direction to a team of 5 – 6 direct reports
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or equivalent engineering experience
- 5-7 years of experience in Product Design, Research and Development, or Process Engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. This position will be required to promote, justify, and generate energy for project ideas to all levels in the organization, up to the executive level
- Knowledge of design specification and documentation methods
- Self-motivated with strong intellectual curiosity
- Proficiency in project management methodologies (PMBOK), With demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion both independently and leading a team
- Proficient in 2D & 3D solid modeling (AutoCad/Inventor preferred)
- Expected travel of <10%
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
- 7+ years Engineering experience in both product and process design
- Experience in process improvement efforts (i.e. kaizen, etc.)
- Working knowledge of lean sigma
- Experience leading people and strategic initiatives
Research and Development
Cottage Grove, MN US
Renewal by Andersen Corp.