Fibrex Extruder Operator - (22570)
Under the direction and guidance of other associates, the Fibrex Extruder Operators will tend to and operate extrusion machines in a work cell to produce required parts as determined by the production schedule and customer requirements. Inspect product against known requirements. Develop a growing capability with advanced skills such as troubleshooting issues and performing profile change-overs.
We have needs on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Shift
- Tend to and operate extrusion machines in a work cell to produce required parts as determined by customer requirements and the production schedule.
- Analyze production data and make necessary adjustments to the operation of extrusion related equipment.
- Move materials in and out of the line as needed; including packaging materials, raw materials and finished product.
- Complete necessary documentation; process checks, quality checks, production reporting, etc.
- Create labels and wrap loads per standard work. Evaluate part conformance against documented product requirements and stack profiles on load.
- Assist with the set-up and start-up any profile for all machines in a work cell.
- Troubleshoot standard problems against a defined process and refer complex problems to the appropriate resources.
- Assist with the training of new Fibrex Extruder Operators.
- Tear down and clean up any profiles
- Identify and communicate appropriately when electrical/mechanical/technical support is needed.
- Participate and sustain 6S activities.
- Work in a safe manner and follow safety policies. Make sure co-workers are working safely and following safety policies.
- Participate in kaizen events and help sustain improvements made from those events.
- Perform general maintenance tasks as necessary
- Attend and participate in appropriate training and development programs
- Perform other duties across the plant as needed as directed by supervision or management.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills – keyboarding, Windows
- Equipment maintenance experience
- Developing leadership skills
- Ability to articulate problems and solutions verbally
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and process procedures
- Ability and skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift openings
- Extrusion experience preferred.
Garland, TX US