Under limited supervision, the Sr. Fibrex Extruder Operator will be expected to tend to and operate extrusion machines in a work cell to produce required parts as determined by customer requirements and the production schedule. Clearly understands and has demonstrated strong capability with set-ups, start-ups, running and tearing down any profile tooling in a safe and productive manner. Provide direction and guidance to Fibrex Extruder Operators. Troubleshoot complex extrusion issues within a work cell.
We are now hiring Sr. Fibrex Extruder Operators for day shift (7am-3pm) , evening shift (3pm-11pm) and night shift (11pm-7am)
· Tend to and operate extrusion machines in a work cell to produce required parts as determined by customer requirements and the production schedule.
· Analyze production data and make necessary adjustments to operation of machines within the work cell.
· Move materials in and out of the line as needed; including packaging materials, raw materials, and finished product.
· Complete necessary documentation; process checks, quality checks, production reporting, etc.
· Create labels and wrap loads per standard work. Fill in for lead in signing off loads.
· Evaluate part conformance against documented product requirements and stack profiles on load.
· Set-up and start-up any profile for all machines in a work cell.
· Trouble-shoot advanced problems against a defined process and refer complex problems to appropriate support functions; ie – Technicians and Engineering.
· Train new Fibrex Extruder Operators.
· Tear down and clean up any profiles
· Identify and communicate appropriately when electrical/mechanical/technical support is needed
· Participate and sustain 6S activities.
· Work in a safe manner and follow safety policies. Make sure co-workers are working safely and following safety policies.
· Participate in & lead kaizen events and sustain improvements made from those events.
· Lead work cell when needed
· Perform maintenance tasks as necessary
· Attend and participate in appropriate training and development programs
· Perform other duties across the plant as needed as directed by supervision or management
· Helps to direct the work and assist in the development of Fibrex Extruder Operators.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Basic computer skills – keyboarding, Windows
· Master all skills and knowledge while working as a Fibrex Extruder Operator
· Developing strong process and equipment troubleshooting capabilities.
· Equipment maintenance experience
· Developing leadership skills
· Ability to articulate problems and solutions verbally
· Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and process procedures
· Ability and skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment.