Andersen Corporation is the market leader and most recognized brand among builders in the window and patio door industry with +11,000 employees. The Andersen Division features product lines like Silver Line®, American Craftsman®, 100 Series, 200 Series, 400 Series, A-Series and E-Series. In 2006, Andersen Corporation purchased Silver Line Window and Door Company. Now known as Silver Line by Andersen Corporation, which is the #1 manufacture of vinyl windows and doors that are energy efficient, low maintenance solution that add beauty and charm to any home.
PURPOSE OF GRINDER OPERATOR:To efficiently recycle vinyl scrap back into the process. Operator will grade and grind scrap to the correct value: Primary, Secondary or Return Polymer.
· Understand the mechanical operation of the grinders.
· Identify, separate and grind the vinyl scrap into the most valuable product.
· Record and accurately enter into MES the pounds, colors and part numbers.
· P.I.T. trained and can drive a fork lift safely.
· Learn the material flow of the department and the delivery routes and uses of all materials and containers.
· Can safely operate and change the blade on a band saw.
· Can work independently in a highly physical environment.
· Operator will go through vinyl burn training and how it involves the grinder process.
· Understand the safety needs of the process and work within the parameters defined to protect the equipment, facility and coworkers.
· Identify problems and implement fixes for common issues with the use of AMS tools and standards for continuous improvement concepts, and work with the support staff, management and maintenance on corrective action to resolve.
· Rotate as required through multiple jobs.
· Knowledge of product, process and customer’s expectations within the value streams (upstream and downstream of the process).
· Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
· Support respectful workplace.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· Understands the importance of both daily and end of week clean-upsQualifications
High school diploma or GED.
· Basic computer skills.
· PIT training / fork license required for some tasks.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
· Ability to read and understand reports and a requirement to cross train on several operations.
· Strong communication, teamwork, problem solving and leadership skills, dependability/punctuality.