HR Business Partner I - (22559)
The Associate HR Business Partner role is an entry level role into the Business Partner family. This role is a transition role to learn and develop the skills necessary to move into the next level of the HR Business Partner family.
This role provides the same function as the HR Business Partner but in an appropriate level based on the level of skills, capability, and experience of the employee.
- Analyze organizational effectiveness (organizational health and organizational performance) to determine root causes, identify interventions, identify and assign internal and external resources with expertise to address the issues, oversee implementation and evaluate results.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with broader HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Partner with hiring managers and talent management team to strategize search approaches (internal and external) and assist in recruiting process to include preparation of job descriptions, identifying key competencies, interviewing, and offer formulation
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provide investigation support for other parts of the organization on an as need basis or as part of the EE relations team.
- Provide performance management guidance to leaders (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Consult and counsel and proactively coach managers regarding compensation alignment and equity in preparing new hire salary recommendations, internal transfers, market adjustments, and promotional recommendations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Serve as a vital link between local operations, functional and corporate teams, fostering collaboration between local HR teams and corporate HR and Enterprise Services and across teams within the regional facilities being supported.
- Support production staffing activities and initiatives
- Support health, safety, and environment initiatives and programs and facilitate a safe and healthy culture.
- Leads small and large projects that may cross functions, divisions, and facilities
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or similar discipline preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in an HR related role within the business preferred.
- PHR/SHRM-CP Certification preferred
- Good HR Acumen – basic understanding of content and process
- Ability to build relationships and trust with entry level skills in coaching and mentoring
- Strong sense of curiosity and problem solving skills; uses data to make decisions.
- Good conflict management and negotiation skills – can bring others together and reconcile differences.
- Ability to partner in a multi-lingual translation team to support ethnically diverse work populations.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills with the ability and passion to engage with others authentically, establish trust, build long-lasting relationships - influence at all levels.
- Good organizational and time management skills; multi-tasking and prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high level goals; managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with HRIS
Luray, VA US