Welcome to Andersen
Andersen is the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. Founded in 1903 and headquartered in Bayport, Minnesota, Andersen Corporation includes Andersen® Windows & Doors, Renewal by Andersen® Window Replacement Services, Silver Line® Windows & Doors, American Craftsman® Windows & Doors, Andersen® Storm Doors and MQ™ Luxury Windows and Doors. With $2.5 billion in sales, 21+ manufacturing and technical centers, 13,000 employees, we proudly serve customers in North America and Europe. Our employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Andersen is a great place to launch and grow a career. Make your difference with us today.
This position is responsible for processes used for painting and coatings within the Andersen product portfolio. Projects will involve equipment technology and process development to be implemented at Andersen’s Bayport site. Objectives will include cost, quality, and operational efficiencies.
- Lead and develop process improvement projects to enable step changes to the process standards.
- Assist in testing & validation of new materials in production
- Implement new processes in the manufacturing environment
- Lead cost reduction and yield improvement projects with delivery partners
- Perform problem solving and root cause analysis
- Develop business case ROI’s (return on investment) for process improvements
- Plan, direct, and manage large-scale projects requiring capital investments
- Develop equipment specifications, and work with external vendors to modify and build equipment to specs.
- Interfaces with advanced design, product engineering, quality, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds
- Design, analyze, and report on experimental studies and / or new coatings technologies
- Stay abreast of industry technology developments and explore their use in Andersen products
- Provide technical support and leadership, as related to operations processes, for coatings questions, technical training, and/or technical specification development
- Serve as a coatings technical contact for manufacturing partners
- Drive improvement efforts through a solid understanding and application of statistical tools and interpretation of results for effective solutions (i.e., Design of Experiments, process mapping, process capability analysis, Pugh matrix, FMEA, MSA, control plans, etc.)
- Provide technical leadership to develop, evolve, and improve existing tooling and processing capabilities
- Keep informed on supplier offerings and developing technologies to determine opportunities worth pursuing
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent engineering experience
- 3 years of experience in an operations environment
- 3 years of experience in a technical organization
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing specifications and documentation methods
- Knowledge of engineering change processes and working within a stage-gate project program
- 5+ years engineering or technical experience working on coatings processes, development, and/or testing
- Working knowledge of coatings, and some experience with adhesives, sealants, laminations, or films
- Experience in the fenestration or related industry
- Strong analytical skills and materials analysis experience
- Strong understanding of DMAIC tools, when to utilize the tools, interpretation of results, and application for effective solutions
- Process mapping, process capability, C&E Matrix, fishbone diagram, FMEA, MSA, DOE, Control Plans
- Strong mechanical aptitude
· Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
· Paid time off (PTO)
· Paid holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Professional development
· Tuition reimbursement
· A culture that supports work-life balance
· An environment where collaboration is key
· Volunteer opportunities – on company time
· Training & career progression
Come join us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.