2nd Shift Operations Supervisor - (22465)
Silverline by Andersen is seeking a 2nd Shift Operations Supervisor I at our North Brunswick, NJ location. The purpose of this position is to support the Logistics and/or Operations Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for the administrative, distribution/warehouse, value added services/shop. This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for productivity, safety, quality, costs, customer service and employee satisfaction/development within the distribution center and with commercial motor vehicle drivers.
The Operations Supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled employees in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Communicate with and listen to employees daily regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, customer service, and cost/productivity performance
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data. Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Develop a high-performance work team with high levels of employee engagement morale, satisfaction, and performance. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging employees to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Communicate with your immediate manager, other supervisors, and appropriate personnel regarding facility, equipment, safety, environmental, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Support employees in understanding company policies and practices
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
4-year degree or equivalent
2-4 years of supervisory or work center lead experience
Previous experience in a logistics (distribution & transportation) operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply continuous improvement, lean and manufacturing system principles
Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people
Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Knowledge of technical aspects of labor planning, inventory control, and warehouse management systems
Strong communication skills – written and verbal
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Bilingual in Spanish/Creole preferred
North Brunswick, NJ US