Lead and direct the Manufacturing, Logistics, Warehouse, Procurement, Safety and Continuous Improvement/Lean activities within plant in support of the business strategies, foster collaboration and develop and inspire people.
- As a plant manager you will be responsible for developing and partnering on strategic projects and embrace an enterprise, customer and long term perspective.
- Transform how we lead our plants and deploy our assets (people and physical assets). Drive change in the capabilities of our plant management and supervision through organizational planning and development. Lead change of culture to one of supervisor accountability and employee engagement using Lean techniques, such as Continuous Improvement, Value Stream management and AMS.
- Lead change to create an environment of Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- Work with Corporate team to ensure plant function is aligned with overall business objectives and the company has the capabilities to deliver results. Develop and implement plans to provide process improvement in key areas.
- Drive step function improvements in productivity, cost reduction, plant output/capacity and waste reduction. Reduce direct and indirect manufacturing costs, while delivering a quality product complete and on-time to the customer. Achieve established productivity goals in minutes per window and deliver budgeted cost commitments.
- Lead the charge for the “perfect order” by focusing the plant management on improvements in quality and reliability. Ensure quality practices and procedures are in place and sustained, and that quality defects are identified with root cause and corrective actions implemented.
- Create a safe work environment where employees take responsibility for each other’s safety. Provide a clean environment with supervisor accountability for safety awareness.
- Develop plans to improve capacity in plants by running facility 24/7 when needed, and utilizing temp and part-time (flexible labor) to enable short lead times when demand varies. Add ability to flex capacity to support demand while leveraging our fixed cost structure
- Fully deploy/implement 1 week lead time program. Ensure that it’s sustainable as demand increases.
- Deploy just-in-time raw material inventory process. Manage inventory to budgeted targets.
- Deliver shipping goals for loading and delivery functions. Support enterprise supply chain integration plan.
- Create an environment of customer focus. Work with Sales team to support business development and deliver on customer commitments. Develop relationships with “top 10” dealers in the region, which should include monthly communications and quarterly visits.
- Develop direct reports to support leadership capability, succession planning and individual development needs. Evaluate talent of associates and drive actions to increase capabilities and address performance issues. Establish an environment of employee satisfaction and high morale.
- Develop and maintain area budgets.
- Support projects as needed. Shares functional knowledge and information readily and seeks counsel as required. Promotes and models open communication and collaboration with enterprise organization.
- Drive ongoing communication within plant. Keep associates informed thru town halls and related communication processes.
- Participate in industrial associations where active membership is deemed beneficial to the on-going growth and success of the company.
- Maintain current knowledge of Lean, operations, personnel and capabilities.
- Ensure organization structure and staffing with professionals and support personnel to achieve the goals of the organization and leadership succession.
- Develop and implement leadership development programs.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
- Direct reports include Supply Chain Manager, Value Stream Manager, Value Stream Supervisor along with oversight of production, supply chain and maintenance employees.
- BA or BS in business or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ within a senior level position and 12 years' of industry experience providing broad knowledge as applied to operational execution. Solid understanding of administrative functions including finance and human resources.
- Leadership experience in Manufacturing, Shipping and Human Resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership capability in developing managers and leaders within plant organization.
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Strategic leadership regarding Production Planning, Capacity, Talent Development, Delivery Needs and Commitment alignment.
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan