Purpose: Oversee the development and execution/implementation of industrial Safety and Environmental programs. Facilitate continuous improvement efforts for the reduction of work-related injuries/illnesses and related cost reduction strategies.
- Develop and coordinate Safety programs to achieve and maintain compliance with applicable Federal, State and local codes and regulations.
- Oversee the identification and prioritization of safety initiatives in support of business needs.
- Manage the timely and consistent implementation of Safety procedures
- Coordinate the efforts in the development, implementation and facilitation of Safety Committees.
- Reports corporate Safety performance metrics to Management on a routine basis.
- Conduct Safety inspections, audits and hazard assessments when appropriate in conjunction with applicable Safety programs and/or regulations.
- Oversees the development of specific Safety training programs.
- Responsible for supervising Safety Department staff in training, planning, and scheduling workloads, in addition to evaluating performance.
- Facilitates the promoting of continuous safety improvement
- Maintain environmental management programs.
- Responsible for compliance activities including records documentation, generating regulatory reports and performing inspections. Assure environmental programs remain compliant with regulatory and Environmental Management System requirements.
- Analyze records, develop metrics and lead activities to promote continuous environmental improvement.
- Specify the installation, operation and maintenance of environmental measuring and monitoring equipment.
- Interface with internal departments, regulatory personnel and vendors. Resolve issues concerning the environment.
- Provide guidance for the safe use, handling, storage & transportation of hazardous materials.
- Environmental audits
- Maintains a comprehensive Safety reference library for both Safety Department staff and engineering department utilization.
- Provide support to all business units to ensure consistent implementation and interpretation of Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by management
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
- Responsible for assigning work and providing direction on the approach, development and implementation of all Safety and Environmental initiatives.
- Responsible for counseling Safety Department staff in their career development.
- Support Safety Department staff in problem solving issues.
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Safety Engineering or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of safety experience
• Must be experienced and fluent in OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ANSI, workers’ compensation, and general health service functions as well as and other applicable codes and regulations.
• Extensive knowledge of federal and state EHS regulations.
• Ability to represent Facility at environmental negotiations and regulatory inquiries.
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Strong interpersonal/communication (verbal and written) skills
• Must be able to work independently, with minimal direction
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Come join us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.