Engineering Technician II
Silver Line Building Products, LLC. Is the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. With 4,000 employees, and plants located in North Brunswick, NJ, Lithia Springs, GA, Marion, OH and Lansing, IL, we make windows that provide builders, architects, and home owners with energy efficient, low maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home. This position is based in North Brunswick, NJ.
- The Engineering Technician II responsibilities are very broad in nature and require a person with broad manufacturing equipment knowledge. The Engineering Technician’s function will be to support the implementation of an assets management system for the vinyl manufacturing plants.
- The Engineering Technician II is responsible to look at the manufacturing equipment/machinery and describe details of the machinery such as model, make and what it does using technical knowledge.
- Be part of a team to perform in-house testing for the benefit of the Manufacturing, Engineering, and Maintenance departments.
- Work with Division Managers and Process Engineers to build the first production of new products, train assembly workers, and offer recommendations to all concerned for improvements. Basically, set up a turnkey program to hand over to the Department Manager.
- Work independently on straightforward equipment audit tasks and under guidance provided by a structured work plan.
- Understand and describe basic principles and operations of a work area and the machinery used.
- Continuously learn and apply new knowledge to functional abilities while adding to skills and refining analytical evaluations.
- Coordinate communication between multiple technical teams and keep track of actions taken in order to meet deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Occasional direction of others.
- 2 year degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
- Knowledgeable about manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledgeable about basic operation of electrical, pneumatic and mechanical equipment.
- Must be skilled with hands-on and mechanically/technologically inclined.
- Experience with part shop’s operation and principles preferred.
- A+ certification preferred
- Able to travel for a week at a time on a regular basis preferred, but not required.
- When required, must be able to travel (air or land), for a week at a time on a regular basis to company’s other manufacturing locations.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Job: Engineering Technician II
Location: North Brunswick, NJ US
Organization: Andersen Corporation