Welcome to Andersen
Andersen is the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. Founded in 1903 and headquartered in Bayport, Minnesota, Andersen Corporation includes Andersen® Windows & Doors, Renewal by Andersen® Window Replacement Services, Silver Line® Windows & Doors, American Craftsman® Windows & Doors, Andersen® Storm Doors and MQ™ Luxury Windows and Doors. With $2.5 billion in sales, 21+ manufacturing and technical centers, 13,000 employees, we proudly serve customers in North America and Europe. Our employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Andersen is a great place to launch and grow a career. Make your difference with us today.
- Focus is on being a key contributor to one or more facets of varied projects with the skills and abilities reflective of professional training.
- Is rapidly learning to develop an understanding of the customer requirements for each assigned responsibility.
- Work with other functional areas on projects/assignments and assignments.
- Apply customer requirements identified and developed by lead engineering and other core business personnel (i.e. marketing, sales, etc.).
- Introduce ideas and possible solutions that are new and unique to the business.
- Develop complete intermediate level work plans for small projects/sub projects/assignments, including expense/capital estimates and cost/benefit analysis.
- Facilitate smaller teams having explicit objectives and scope
- Apply basic engineering analytical skills (SPC, process capability, etc) to resolve problems and to satisfy customer issues and market requirements.
- Determine and report feasibility by analyzing and evaluating compatibility of material, process, assembly, and regulatory and legal requirements
- Assist in writing business cases
- Evaluate and make recommendations for customer service issues.
- Set design specifications and coordinate arrangements for all support activities
- Present technical information or proposals to supervisor/department manager, service department, sales and/or marketing.
- Coach, guide and train less experienced staff on technical issues within immediate work area
- Able to act as “in-charge” lead for intermediate level assignments/smaller projects
- Work direction by supervisor is customary with minimal supervision.
- Works independently toward completion of specifically defined tasks, including the latitude to coordinate activities outside the immediate work area and change personal priorities in order to carry out assignments.
- Promotes Andersen interests through outside professional relationships at the local and regional level
- Communicates with vendors (i.e. to coordinate quotes, prototypes and production plans).
- BS in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience
- Demonstrates ability to effectively apply acquired knowledge, skills and abilities to a variety of assignments within a moderate range of technical difficulty.
- Shows an understanding of engineering and scientific methodologies and their successful application at an intermediate level of technical application.
- Understands and applies methodologies associated with project planning.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Come join us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.