Installation Specialist - (22422)
This position is responsible for actively ensuring the Renewal by Andersen Brand and Andersen Brand are enhanced by the delivery of superior installation services throughout the national Renewal by Andersen retail network. The installation experience represents the culmination of quality and trust implicit in our brand promise. The position integrates the complex interactions of quality products with quality installation processes and behaviors, and actively seeks to perpetuate Renewal by Andersen characteristic cycle of home owner referral.
Retail Operation Installation Performance:
- Assist Field Services and Support Manager in the creation and ongoing maintenance of the RbA Installation Procedures and RbA Installation Procedure Manual, with special emphasis on introducing controls and measurements to minimize the effect of variation in executing the procedures supporting +100 Renewal by Andersen retailers and +500 installers.
- Develop and optimize a Standard Work format for Installation Procedures, which creates a common language of clear specifications, critical-to-quality checklists, self-check metrics, and failure mode analysis to ensure error-proofed delivery of installation procedures.
- Collaborate with Regional Affiliate Management Teams to evaluate retail operation performance in regard to Renewal retail agreements, policies, processes and standards linked to installation, product quality, Home Owner Satisfaction, and Home Owner Complaint rates.
- Builds cooperative relationships with Renewal business units, field operations, manufacturing, RD&I, engineering, and retail locations from a customer focused and installation perspective.
- Provides critical local technical knowledge that fosters the growth of the Renewal by Andersen network. This is achieved by delivering local training, inspections, evaluations of products and installation practices. Oversees the compliance and management of field air and water tests in accordance with industry-recognized standards.
- Monitor legal and regulatory issues that will impact the organization and develop solutions. This includes identifying potential risks and issues that will create brand damage, direct financial loss and leads to long-term financial liability. Mitigation of issues is generated through proactive product design change recommendations, product and policy updates, and timely, professional responses that address a direct customer’s product issue through product solutions or negotiated settlement. Act as a liaison between escalated legal situations and our corporate legal department to negotiate and provide resolutions to legal claims and disputes.
- Supports the selection and implementation of new Renewal retail locations by participating in preliminary discovery and start-up support activities.
- Support evaluation process for underperforming markets and maintain current Dark Market forecast for resource planning activities.
- Develop frequent external Communications on Installation best-practices.
- Plan and conducts field data collection, field product inspections, and customer surveys to support Product Development and Product Quality Improvement projects.
- Participate as a member on assigned quality improvement projects, RbA Installation Council, and product development teams.
- Work directly with RbA retailers and homeowners to resolve installation process issues.
- Assist Service and Warranty Manager in creating, developing and maintaining RbA Service Procedures and RbA Service Procedure Manual, with special emphasis on introducing controls and measurements to minimize the effect of variation in executing the procedures.
- Facilitate Service & Warranty policy adherence and interpretation.
- Facilitate communication and resolution of all Renewal by Andersen Homeowner Complaint issues that are brought to the attention of Renewal by Andersen and Andersen Corporation.
Standard Work Development, Process Improvement, and Best Practice Sharing:
- Assist training department in the development of materials required for training programs and workshops for installation and service technicians, including RbA Affiliate Cross-Functional Excellence Workshops and RbA Affiliate Operational Excellence Workshops.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate standardized points of contact for RbA retail operations in communicating product and process improvements related to installation excellence.
- Conduct yearly review of RbA Installation Manual and conduct updates as required.
- Participate in creation and development of other RbA Technical Manuals and Product Bulletins.
- Provide coaching and training to RbA retail operation Installation Technicians.
- Advise concerned parties regarding technical product information and performance to minimize litigation and financial exposure.
- Maintains active membership and participation in industry associations. Maintains involvement in national and regional standards and certification organizations.
- Assist Service and Installation Manager in working with national fenestration & government agencies to influence regulatory guidelines pertaining to window and door installation.
- Keeps current on new business and industry processes, techniques, and technology by participating in continuous education opportunities, applicable building codes, and construction techniques.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as needed and directed by the company
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
- Influences Renewal Company owned and independent retail location managers to establish and execute objectives, plans, to meet agreed to Renewal corporate strategies and objectives relative to field delivered quality. Evaluate Retail location performance in regard to Renewal retail agreements, policies, processes and standards linked to delivered quality
- College Degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years national or regional field operations management experience.
- Five years construction / window & door business experience.
- Minnesota State Class “A” Contractors license. (Has or will obtain for Renewal by Andersen Corporation.)
- Field sales, customer service, technical writing and publication, process development, and training experience helpful.
- Outstanding customer service skills, especially win/win problem solving and conflict resolution skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Travel up to 30% of time.
- Medical/DentalVision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
Cottage Grove, MN US
Renewal by Andersen Corp.