Senior Supply Chain Analyst / Supply Chain Analyst - (22438)
Responsible for acquiring raw material and other goods and services at the least possible total cost. Ensure quality materials are delivered to support the production schedules and meet customer demand. Conduct inventory analysis to support long-term production planning.
- Lead the development and implementation of short and mid-term supply chain plans for key projects. This includes plans for supply and demand to insure the proper balance between cost and customer service.
- Negotiate, acquire and purchase materials, supplies and services while developing and maintaining long-term relationships to ensure a solid supplier base.
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders on status of material shortages. Identify trends and present solutions for material issues. Keep current on extrinsic factors relating to commodities purchased.
- Negotiate and communicate with external customers and suppliers on more complex issues including pricing, terms and delivery schedules. Partner with suppliers to ensure materials, quotes and information are received within deadlines.
- Actively research and review potential supply sources to determine suitability of materials. Evaluate quotes to determine feasibility and compatibility with Andersen Storm Door quality standards and objectives.
- Evaluate and maintain minimum inventory levels to meet customer expectations. Conduct strategic analysis of inventory levels and trends to identify potential issues with excess materials and or material availability.
- Follow standard work while consistently identifying opportunities to improve existing processes. Develop and implement new processes within team and division.
- Lead and/or participate in purchasing activities with other departments as well as corporate partners and external suppliers/vendors/customers to improve processes or enhance systems.
- Supports in the training of new supply chain staff.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree AND 4-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and referencing contract language for compliance. Experience analyzing and interpret general business information, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to review prints for materials and part information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically advanced skills utilizing Excel in data analysis.
- Communicate and present effectively, including writing reports, procedures, and responding to all levels of the organization, suppliers, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Des Moines, IA US