Full time CDL A Yard Jockey position!
Starting Rate $18.77/hour
After 12 Months $20.02/hour
About the position:
This current opportunity will be based in Lithia Springs, GA. The yard jockey will be expected to move trailers around the yard and to a local maintenance facility using a tractor-trailer. Additionally, the yard jockey will be expected work in the warehouse and be a backup driver for our delivery route drivers. This position requires a wide range of skills from practicing safe driving and delivery to top-notch customer service.
- Work Schedule – Our yard jockeys generally work Monday – Friday.
- Compensation – Our yard jockeys are paid hourly and are eligible for overtime!
- Benefits – Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, 10 paid holidays, profit sharing, 401k, and paid vacation during the first year.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Job Specifications – Eligibility Requirements
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License and doubles endorsement if twin trailers are pulled at location.
- Have an acceptable accident and moving violation Motor Vehicle Record.
- 2 years previous tractor-trailer (or straight truck, depending on equipment) driving experience including winter driving experience.
- Ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, read road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions via on-board computer system and by phone.
- Working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, vehicle inspection and maintenance.
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Satisfactorily pass a drug test.