Associate Retail Marketing Planner - (22406)
*The individual in this position can work out of either our Jessup, MD or Fairfax, VA location*
Local market presence is critical to the success of any retail business. The ability of the Company Owned Retail Operation (CORO) to integrate into its local community greatly impacts the awareness of Renewal by Andersen (RbA). This awareness is built in many ways including events such as home shows, showroom events, and other organized gatherings as well as more traditional media marketing. The purpose of this position is to assist in cost effectively driving non-media lead generation and local awareness through the following marketing tactics: events/shows, showrooms, corporate partnerships, community groups, job site marketing and more.
- Communicates with individuals and groups outside the organization, representing the local RbA CORO to home show sponsors, the public, and other external sources with the intent of finding the best venues where the local RbA CORO can generate qualified leads.
- Assists in researching events to put together a comprehensive calendar of events where RbA products and services can be showcased with the sole purpose of creating exposure and generating qualified leads.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person on local venues and events where RbA’s products and services can be demonstrated with the intent of generating qualified leads.
- Helps staff events, including scheduling in-home appointments and conducting product demonstrations, as required. This includes training the staff to work at events.
- Determines necessary staffing levels and schedules participation for all events. Secures additional staffing from appropriate temporary/part-time sources as needed.
- Tracks expenses and leads, sales, etc. from all events to help determine cost effectiveness for future participation.
- Evaluates the success of current and past participation and recommends a course of action for future participation.
- Administers participation in events and sponsorships based on established objectives, including on-site administration, resource supervision, and other implementation details.
- Identifies appropriate displays and support materials for each event and works with CORO location’s designated party responsible for delivery and set-up to ensure that installation of displays is performed on time and within budget and meet all codes and safety requirements.
- Assures that integration of events & sponsorships takes place with other departments and channel members, e. g., CORO sales, installation, and customer service personnel and corporate Renewal by Andersen Marketing department.
- Supports CORO GM, sales and showroom staff to identify and maximize local marketing opportunities.
- Continues relationship and implements corporate Marketing programs with local corporations and community organizations.
- Implements local guerilla marketing tactics such as a comprehensive door hanger program around job sites.
- Provides timely tracking and entering of marketing data into corporate database.
- Coordinates with Corporate Marketing to assist with local implementation and tracking of other corporate marketing initiatives.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- Training others to work and staff events.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications preferred or equivalent demonstrated skills and abilities
- Requires 1 to 2 years of experience in planning events
- Strong project management skills, including attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self manage resources (time and budget) to achieve objectives
- Ability to analyze effectiveness of events, sponsorships & local programs
- Ability to understand the role of marketing communications, sales promotion and advertising
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel and Word
- Results orientation
- Basic business and customer knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
Fairfax, VA US
Renewal by Andersen Corp.