Manufacturing Engineer II - (22313)
Andersen Corporation is seeking an experienced and motivated Manufacturing Engineering professional for its Engineering II position in Des Moines, Iowa. Qualified applicants will have a degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3-5 years of experience in tool design, machine design, process/work station design, and have prior experience in the specification and maintenance of punching and machining processes for high volume production.
Applicants with a demonstrated track record of cross-functional team collaboration and experience in the areas described below are encouraged to apply for this exciting and important role in our organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years prior experience in tool design, machine design, process and workstation design. Experience in punching and machining technologies preferred.
- Experience in the specification and control of shop floor automation and PLC’s.
- Experience in CAD modeling: AutoCAD, Inventor or SolidWorks, or equivalent experience required.
- Versatile with demonstrated mastery of technical expertise across a wide variety of assembly and fabrication processes.
- Lean Manufacturing Experience: Familiar with making business cases and justifying cost savings projects based upon labor and/or manufacturing efficiency improvements using Lean techniques.
- Six Sigma Experience: Skilled at data-based problem-solving techniques, familiar with the principles of Six Sigma and leading Six Sigma projects.
- Experienced user of Microsoft office products including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Access.
- Knowledge of: statistics, blue print and specification interpretation including the application of GD&T, part measurement & inspection, measurement system analysis, capability analysis, machine certification studies, control plans, operator instruction creation and maintenance, time-motion studies including rated stopwatch observations.
- Immediately capable of taking a lead role in developing project plans involving internal and external resources.
- Ability to create detailed plans, set goals, track progress, and reach deadlines without breaking commitments.
- Able to manage directly assigned projects along with multiple concurrent and sequential activities.
- Capable of leading cross-functional teams, leading discussions and ensuring essential communication is maintained.
- Able to work independently without direct oversight.
- Able to follow prescriptive Andersen and Storm Door Division policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates flexibility and an ability to find creative solutions that meet the needs of the organization.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHERS:
- Good people skills: Able to communicate and work well with others at all skill levels.
- Effective communicator with internal and external customers and staff.
- Able to lead others on projects and assignments when necessary.
- Able to mentor and train others in each area of their expertise.
- Creates technical reports that summarize analysis and detailed findings to peer group and management audiences.
- Must be comfortable in making independent presentations to peers and upper management.
- Able to independent communicate with business partners to resolve technical issues.
- Documents, archives and logs many details related to manufacturing concepts and decisions.
- Self-accountable to all documentation requirements for each assigned activity.
- Able to take meeting minutes and to track action items.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Des Moines, IA US