Andersen Corporation is looking for a creative, driven, and collaborative product development engineer to help lead the next design evolution of Andersen products. This engineer will be an integral part of product development team with cradle-to-grave design ownership of many of the key components and assemblies. This role will design and develop products focused on growth in new markets as well as deeper penetration into existing markets.
Andersen offers a unique environment for design engineers to utilize creativity and engineering rigor to develop elegant, durable and high-performing designs with an intense focus on the customer experience.
This individual will be a member of the Research, Development and Innovation Team working in an exciting, cross-functional, high-visibility role which involves collaborative interaction with management, external customers, manufacturing, marketing, finance, sales, service, materials engineering, and code and regulatory affairs.
Candidates will be successful in this role by demonstrating the following:
- Innovative product design thinking that meets customer expectations and delivers overall market success
- Utilization of fundamental design principles with strong engineering aptitude
- Strong contribution to overall product design projects from inception to commercialization
- Thrives in a cohesive, team environment
- Possesses a strong ability to incorporate win-win opportunities into your creative solutions to meet the needs of our various customers and business goals.
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable engineering experience
- 4 year B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and DFM principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of a stage gate methodology
- Demonstrated capability to perform dimensional and engineering analysis of designs
- Active in designing, analyzing and reporting on experimental studies and/or information technologies
- Ability to build strong internal networks with other technical experts
- Product design experience utilizing CAD in your design process
- Demonstrated use of FEA in your design process
- Rapid prototyping knowledge and experience with fast-paced prototyping