The purpose of this position is to support the Plant Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for a large/complex/changing value stream (procurement to delivery). This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate satisfaction/development within the value stream. The Value Stream Supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates.
- Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Deploy and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc
• 4-year degree or equivalent experience
• Basic business knowledge about how a business runs and makes decisions.
• Listening skills
• Effective communicating 1:1 and in groups
• Able to motivate associates
• Bias for action
• Displays energy for the business
• Supports and communicates difficult decisions
• Collaborates with associates at all levels
• Effectively leads change
• Able to coach and develop production associates
• Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment
• Able to support and foster a continuous improvement culture
• Works effectively with production associates
• Demonstrates strong problems solving skills Manufacturing knowledge:
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and product
• Demonstrates a passion for safety
• Able to facilitate kaizen events