Maintenance Electrical Technician III
Silver Line Building Products, LLC. is the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. With 4,000 employees, and plants located in North Brunswick, NJ, Lithia Springs, GA, Marion, OH and Lansing, IL, we make windows that provide builders, architects, and home owners with energy efficient, low maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home.
- Multi-skilled, mechanically proficient technician providing focused, competent maintenance support while demonstrating technical expertise as a highly developed troubleshooting electrical technician and licensed electrician.
- Mentor and train apprentice (unlicensed) electricians.
- Demonstrate technical engineering expertise/knowledge and utilize effective root cause analysis methods Trained on all electrical hazards and advocates for electrical safety programs
- Primary focus is on developing maintenance skills and abilities.
- Provide multi-skilled maintenance support focused on customer service, quality, cost and productivity in Total Productive Improvement (TPM) and continuous improvement (CI) environment.
- Has ability to show technical proficiency in one or both of the following specialized fields Mechanical and or Electrical.
- Maintain the responsibilities and performance requirements within both fields of the Maintenance Technician Apprentice and Technician levels I & II.
- Set up, adjust and maintain assigned equipment with a responsibility for production and quality on equipment.
- Ability to trouble shoot the machine issues
- Know and practice respectful workplace.
- Electrical Skills
- Use volt-ohm-meter (VOM), to measure AC/DC current, AC/DC voltage, and resistance for trouble shooting.
- Understand functions of components and operating features of relays, circuit breakers Programmable Logic Controllers, motor encoders, motors and sensors.
- Ability to work at 480 volts ac/dc and troubleshoot.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance programs for electrical.
- Understand of Lock Out Tag Out and Arc Flash
- Desired but not necessary; understanding electronic components and trouble shooting.
- Understand, troubleshoot and problem solve issues of intermediate complexity in advanced electrical/mechanical systems (PLC, Drives, Servo, HMI, CNC, etc.).
- Diagnose PLC and HMI programs (Load, modify, create).
- Understand the principles of circuit interruption, switch functions and trip curves of circuit breakers, components of a switchgear assembly and related preventive maintenance requirements.
- Perform maintenance on air-magnetic and oil circuit breakers.
- Troubleshoot, inspect and clean components in motor controllers.
- Advanced competency in root cause analysis evaluations.
- Able to lead and facilitate RCCA and equipment reliability sessions.
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree or an Associate’s degree with at least 10 years of related experience.
- Must have Electrical skills.
- Strong customer focus
- Multi-skilled technician satisfied by demonstrated technical expertise in advanced electrical maintenance functions.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and self-direct activities.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Location: North Brunswick, NJ US
Organization: Andersen Corporation