Silver Line by Andersen is part of the Andersen Corporation, the nation's leading window and door manufacturer. Our site in Lithia Springs, GA is approximately 20 minutes out of Atlanta with a very diverse staff of over 900 employees.
Provides support to human resources function, carrying out responsibilities in the following areas: HRIS, staffing, records retention, employee relations facilitation and payroll troubleshooting and interface. Coordinates and plans employee & special events. Performs staffing duties for production positions, including attending job fairs, ad placement, application screening, interviewing and selection and orientation. In addition, this position handles routine administrative duties, such as production data entry and record keeping, and maintaining supplies.
- Order and maintain needed inventory of supplies
- Coordinates the company wide health program initiatives
- Manages invoices and payments for HR department
- Coordinating recruiting efforts through ad placement, postings at local job centers, colleges and other highly visible outlets to ensure adequate applicant flow and diverse applicant pool
- Screening, interviewing and selecting candidates for temporary positions, both through staffing service and Company summer temporary program
- Coordinates necessary pre-employment testing
- Acts as liaison between Company and staffing service partners
- Coordinates full-time production associate hiring selection and process
- Conducts new hire orientation process and ensures all required paperwork and benefits forms are filled out correctly and processed through the ESC
- Coordinates voluntary/involuntary layoff and return processes
- Enters new employees into system
- Runs queries for information as needed to support delivery partners
- Ensures completion of I9 paperwork and enters information into E-Verify in a timely manner
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS FACILITATION
- Visible and accessible to all associates, providing policy clarification, answering routine HR-related inquiries and referring complex matters to management and/or HR Generalist.
- Acts as site liaison in troubleshooting associate issues relating to payroll, timekeeping and benefits.
- Coordinate various associate meetings, including scheduling, invitations, room arrangements, lunches
- Oversees special events for staff by coordinating committees and schedules, and staying within budget
- Maintains facility bulletin boards and communication via standup meetings
- Participates in community partnership events and activities
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with records retention policy and applicable legal requirements.
- Identify process improvements.
- Assist department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all manufacturing & operations associates.