Value Stream Supervisor 2nd shift - (22261)
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate engagement morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- 2 – 4 years of supervisory or work center lead experience
- Previous experience in a logistics operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply continuous improvement, lean, and manufacturing system principles a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people.
Business acumen and knowledge:
- Basic business knowledge about how a business runs and makes decisions.
- Listening skills
- Effective communicating 1:1 and in groups
- Presentation skills
- Results Orientation
- Able to motivate associates
- Bias for action
- Displays energy for the business
- Supports and communicates difficult decisions
- Collaborates with associates at all levels
- Effectively supports change
- Developing skills in coaching production associates
- Able to maintain a respectful and safe work environment
- Able to support a continuous improvement culture
- Works effectively with warehouse, shop and/or deliver associates
- Demonstrates strong problems solving skills
- Working knowledge of warehouse management systems
- Demonstrates a passion for safety
- Has participated in a kaizen event
Cottage Grove, MN US
Renewal by Andersen Corp.