Andersen Corporation is looking for a creative, driven, and collaborative product development engineer. This engineer will be an integral part of a product development team working collectively with a Senior engineer and others on the design of key components, assemblies and overall product designs. This role will develop products focused on growth in new markets as well as deeper penetration into existing markets. Andersen offers a unique environment for design engineers to utilize creativity and engineering rigor to develop elegant, durable and high-performing designs with an intense focus on the customer experience.
The individual will be a member of the Research, Development and Innovation Team working in an exciting, cross-functional, high-visibility role which involves collaborative interaction with management, external customers, manufacturing, marketing, finance, sales, service, materials engineering, and code and regulatory affairs.
Candidates will be successful in this role by demonstrating the following:
- Innovative product design thinking that meets customer expectations and delivers overall market success
- Utilization of fundamental design principles with strong engineering aptitude
- Strong contribution to overall product design projects from inception to commercialization
- Decisive decision-maker
- Thrives in a cohesive, team environment
- Possesses a strong ability to balance customer needs, manufacturability, and business goals into your creative solutions.
- Minimum of 2 years of applicable engineering experience
- 4 year B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and DFM principles
- Demonstrated capability to perform dimensional and engineering analysis of designs
- Active in designing, analyzing and reporting on experimental studies and/or information technologies
- Ability to build strong internal networks with other employees
- Product design experience utilizing CAD in your design process
- Knowledge of, and ability to incorporate FEA in your design process
- Rapid prototyping knowledge and experience with fast-paced prototyping