Silver Line by Andersen is the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. With 4,000 employees, and plants located in North Brunswick NJ, Lithia Springs GA, Marion OH and Lansing IL, we make windows that provide builders, architects, and home owners with energy efficient, low maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home. This position is based in Lithia Springs, GA.
PURPOSE: Responsible for performing but not limited to the following skills: carpentry, plumbing, masonry, welding, electrical, plant layout, painting, and janitorial.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but are not limited to):
- Perform assigned work independently and as part of a team
- Performs typical facility maintenance tasks to support the assembly floor and the entire facility.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machinery and the building or grounds as required
- Strong carpentry, painting and plastering experienced required
- Strong plumbing maintenance repair required
- Experience installing copper, PVC and black iron pipe & fittings for water & air installations required
- Forklift experience and Scissor or Boom Lift required
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School education or equivalent preferred
- Ability to bend, squat, twist, push/pull, reach and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Required to be familiar with and use all hand tools and power tools common to the skills listed