The Senior IT Business Analyst is responsible for participating in the planning, development, maintenance, and enhancement of the Infor Baan IV enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. This role directly supports the engineering, RD&I, supply chain, and manufacturing departments within the Renewal by Andersen business division.
The Senior IT Business Analyst collaborates with company customers, suppliers, employees, and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options. This person must be able to assess business objectives and design business processes in such a way that they may be effectively modeled, configured and measured within the package application environment. Candidates for this role must be able to communicate the ERP application package capabilities and possibilities to designated functional areas, while seeking ways to collaborate with IT members to facilitate transition to and support of the ERP system.
The scope of the applications and solutions will vary in size and complexity from department level to enterprise wide, and may be internally focused within Renewal by Andersen or externally focused to support a variety of customer channels.
- Writes, integrates, modifies and tests software code for new and existing Infor Baan IV ERP program functionality
- Contribute to the development process and problem solving abilities of the Renewal by Andersen manufacturing technology team
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation that supports and lends to the understanding of the operation of new ERP programs and applications.
- Specify, develop, and validate reporting universes and specific report deliverables using the Business Objects platform
- Assist the team in the collection of customer change requirements including the development of logical and physical specifications
- Provide business analysis and process design expertise in multiple functional areas (finance, accounting, sales, engineering, manufacturing, etc.) within the enterprise in the analysis and redesign of application package functions and processes
- Assist in the formulation of and definition of application scope and objectives and devise/modify procedures to solve business problems.
- Communicate application package capabilities/possibilities within many functional areas.
- Develop business relationships with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support efforts.
- Monitor and report on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Prepare, coordinate, and execute appropriate unit (functional), integration and volume tests to ensure successful implementation and support efforts.
- Facilitate user testing with business partners to validate scope and functionality.
- Support and leverage Andersen Management systems for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or Business Administration with an emphasis in a specific functional area or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- At least 5-7 years of experience with structured design and development of program functionality in the Baan IV, Baan V, and/or Infor LN ERP software systems
- Proficiency in demonstrating project management techniques and cross-functional experience including agile/iterative development and release planning
- At least 5-7 years of experience with software system and integration testing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express technical concepts in business terms.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks; ability to work independently as well.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions & results-oriented.