HR Manager - (22250)
- The HR Manager provides business partner leadership to multiple operations, logistics and/or functional teams, while also being responsible for leading and developing multiple HR teams that are responsible for HR Business Partnership, HR operations administration, and professional and production talent acquisition. The role is responsible for developing continuous improvement projects and activities to improve organizational effectiveness, enhance value, and remove obstacles to business performance to enable the business to achieve it's performance targets. This role also increases responsibility for transforming the organization's culture and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement for a multi-site region or a large plant.
- Lead the development and implementation of talent strategies that support operations, supply chain, corporate functional business groups and corporate HR strategic initiatives across multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities and/or functional groups.
- Responsible for leading or coaching HR and leaders to develop strong community relations and initiatives that develop the location's brand and community awareness.
- Define organizational effectiveness goals, develop performance metrics and implement effective people processes to drive business results within regional sites, in alignment with the company's values and its vision to bring out each person's best in order to be the best together.
- Serve as a close business partner with Plant Managers, General Managers, Sr. Managers and/or Vice Presidents on all human resource matters, including providing counsel and support to managers and line leaders regarding talent acquisition, employee engagement and retention, diversity, employee relations, performance management, team building, coaching and development, succession planning, compensation, legal and regulatory compliance and site safety, security and crisis management.
- Support the deployment of cyclical HR processes by fostering complete leader engagement, focus and commitment through coaching, training and robust communications.
- Serve as a vital link between local operations and corporate teams, fostering collaboration between local HR teams and corporate HR and Enterprise Services, between site operations leadership and division operation and supply chain leadership, and across teams within the regional facilities being supported.
- Drive continuous process improvement and simplification activities within HR and across the business. Apply Lean practices in the daily management of the HR team and serve as a role model for the rest of the operations team and the broader HR organization. Be accountable for the HR team's participation on corporate sponsored kaizen and other project teams, providing personal leadership and involvement where needed to model the way.
- Strengthen the HR leadership pipeline and build HR capability by acquiring, developing and inspiring great talent.
- Provide subject matter leadership in effective investigations through coaching and developing the frontline HR team and personal involvement when necessary to drive improvement in the overall efficiency and effectiveness of company practices.
- Support activities focused on maintaining a union free environment. In markets with active unions, oversee all aspects of union impact.
- Leads and manages to provide direction to multi site teams to deliver on human resource strategies while delivering on business partners' needs and expectations.
- BA/BS in Human Resources or similar discipline preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of HR business partner experience, with at least 3-5 years' experience leading others.
- Manufacturing and Corporate experience is a must.
- Masters Level Preferred and/or SPHR / SHRM-SCP Certification preferred
- Strategic business thinker with the demonstrated ability to understand multiple plant and functional business goals, recommend new approaches, programs, policies and processes that yield business/engagement improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to support and lead large and small change initiatives across multiple plants and functions using change management and communications principles and methods.
- Experience and comfort with a fast-paced, complex and changing work environment and the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities simultaneously, with an orientation toward delivering results.
- Excellent conflict management and negotiation skills at a senior leader level - can bring others together and reconcile differences.
- Ability to build a multi-lingual translation team to support ethnically diverse work populations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills with the ability and passion to engage with others authentically, establish trust, build long-lasting relationships - influence at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; multi-tasking and prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high level goals; managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Bayport, MN US