- In-depth understanding of the business (ex. customer/market segment) and opportunities in each.
- Incorporates customer perspective when developing solutions.
- Understands concepts of corporate identity and business needs as applied to projects/assignments
- Projects/assignments are more complex. Involve multiple variables, greater responsibility, and cross-functional integration.
- Analyze and develop complex processes.
- Fully develop multiple concepts relating to satisfying a customer need, and support all viable solutions to arrive at an optimum solution for customers and the corporation.
- Able to solve complex problems with practical solutions.
- Take lead role in developing project/assignment plans involving internal and external resources.
- Capable of leading cross-functional teams having broader less defined initial objective and scope.
- Manage and direct project/assignment teams involved in multiple, concurrent and sequential development activities.
- Assign and direct project/assignment personnel to best utilize/develop their skills.
- Analyze and recommend engineering or design solutions (Root cause analysis, DOE and other appropriate techniques) to product, process, design, or other technical issues.
- Evaluate impact of proposed product/process changes on other products, materials, strategies, or other technical issues.
- Able to develop and evaluate complex designs or concepts for which initial inputs are limited. Responsibilities encompass project/assignment initiation through ramp up and post audit
- Works independently on most aspects of work.
- Receives general direction with occasional work review on other aspects.
- Works within guidelines established by general practice, precedents and policies.
- Review of work occurs after the fact.
- Has considerable latitude in deciding how to accomplish assignments.
- Effective communications with all levels of internal and external customers and staff.
- Approves tasks of peers on project/assignment teams.
- Coordinate project/assignment efforts concerning specific parts or assemblies across several technical areas.
- Independent presentations to upper management.
- Independent communication with business partners to resolve technical issues and negotiate items such as priorities and completion deadlines
- Approve documentation completed by others.
- Accountable for all documentation requirements for a functional area
- Coordinate resolution of customer service issues.
- Participate in activities such as home shows, visitor events etc. to demonstrate products and lead related discussions
- Work with suppliers, specifying and monitoring progress on complex issues
- Develop and present reports summarizing technical analysis and business case to peer group and management audiences
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
- Assigns tasks to appropriate team member, including peers.
- Provide training and assistance on a full range of technical issues to lower level staff on a team and evaluate team member technical skills.
- Act as “in-charge” lead on large group assignments or in temporary absence of project manager.
- Participate in activities such as interviewing job applicants, providing input to performance evaluations, etc.
- Serve as key mentor to less experienced technical employees.
- Provide technical backup in the absence of supervisor/manager of functional area
- 4 year Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 - 8 years engineering experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principals.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Auto-CAD.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Has considerable versatility in applying specialized technical knowledge in a wide variety of situations.
- Possesses knowledge across a wide variety of technologies.
- Knowledge demonstrates mastery in several technical areas of expertise.
- Possesses unique or specific knowledge that is frequently sought out by others.
- Strong understanding of the interrelationship that needs to exist between functional areas the business.
- Well-developed project management skills
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Silver Line by Andersen is the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. With plants located in North Brunswick NJ, Lithia Springs GA, Marion OH and Lansing IL, we make windows that provide builders, architects, and home owners with energy efficient, low maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home.
This Manufacturing Engineering position is based in Lithia Springs only 25 miles from Atlanta. Known as a great place to live!
Individuals interested in Lean Manufacturing will be able to develop in our environment of continuous improvement.
Can you picture yourself here?
This position may be the career opportunity for you. Apply today!