· Understands projects/assignments from a corporate standpoint.
· In-depth understanding of the business (ex. customer/market segment) and opportunities in each.
· Incorporates customer perspective when developing solutions.
· Understands concepts of corporate identity and business needs as applied to projects/assignments
· Projects/assignments are more complex. Involve multiple variables, greater responsibility, and cross-functional integration.
· Analyze and develop complex processes.
· Fully develop multiple concepts relating to satisfying a customer need, and support all viable solutions to arrive at an optimum solution for customers and the corporation.
· Able to solve complex problems with practical solutions.
· Take lead role in developing project/assignment plans involving internal and external resources.
· Capable of leading cross-functional teams having broader less defined initial objective and scope.
· Manage and direct project/assignment teams involved in multiple, concurrent and sequential development activities.
· Assign and direct project/assignment personnel to best utilize/develop their skills.
· Analyze and recommend engineering or design solutions (Root cause analysis, DOE and other appropriate techniques) to product, process, design, or other technical issues.
· Evaluate impact of proposed product/process changes on other products, materials, strategies, or other technical issues.
· Able to develop and evaluate complex designs or concepts for which initial inputs are limited. Responsibilities encompass project/assignment initiation through ramp up and post audit
· Works independently on most aspects of work.
· Receives general direction with occasional work review on other aspects.
· Works within guidelines established by general practice, precedents and policies.
· Review of work occurs after the fact.
· Has considerable latitude in deciding how to accomplish assignments.
· Effective communications with all levels of internal and external customers and staff.
· Approves tasks of peers on project/assignment teams.
· Coordinate project/assignment efforts concerning specific parts or assemblies across several technical areas.
· Independent presentations to upper management.
· Independent communication with business partners to resolve technical issues and negotiate items such as priorities and completion deadlines
· Approve documentation completed by others.
· Accountable for all documentation requirements for a functional area
· Coordinate resolution of customer service issues.
· Participate in activities such as home shows, visitor events etc. to demonstrate products and lead related discussions
· Work with suppliers, specifying and monitoring progress on complex issues
· Develop and present reports summarizing technical analysis and business case to peer group and management audiences
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
· Assigns tasks to appropriate team member, including peers.
· Provide training and assistance on a full range of technical issues to lower level staff on a team and evaluate team member technical skills.
· Act as “in-charge” lead on large group assignments or in temporary absence of project manager.
· Participate in activities such as interviewing job applicants, providing input to performance evaluations, etc.
· Serve as key mentor to less experienced technical employees.
· Provide technical backup in the absence of supervisor/manager of functional area
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· 4 year Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5 - 8 years engineering experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
· Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principals.
· Strong knowledge and experience using Auto-CAD.
· Strong Project Management skills.
· Has considerable versatility in applying specialized technical knowledge in a wide variety of situations.
· Possesses knowledge across a wide variety of technologies.
· Knowledge demonstrates mastery in several technical areas of expertise.
· Possesses unique or specific knowledge that is frequently sought out by others.
· Strong understanding of the interrelationship that needs to exist between functional areas the business.
· Well-developed project management skills