Value Stream/Production Supervisor
Silver Line by Andersen
Do you have an interest in developing and leading a group of individuals?
Directing approximately 2 Team Leaders and 30-45 production associates, the Value Stream Supervisor is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of Silver Line value stream manufacturing processes. In addition, this role will act as a strategic business partner with shop floor union employees and leadership within the New Jersey location.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve team leaders and associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety to ensure a safe work environment by supporting and recognizing safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Audit and analyze time and production records.
- Manage attendance.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- This position may require a rotating shift schedule.
- Provide training per standard work for Value Stream Associates.
- Maintain audits as necessary (standard work, safety, training matrix).
- Supervises approximately 2 Team Leaders and 30 - 45 Production Associates.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree or a combination of experience and knowledge.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience is required.
- Strong skills in the areas of communication (written/verbal), time management, and problem solving.
- Ability to learn product, process and equipment.
- Ability to lead, train, coach, and motivate production employees.
- Ability to make sound decisions and delegate appropriately.
- Working knowledge of computer systems – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Bilingual in Spanish, Creole, Hindi or Gujarati is a plus, but not required.
- Lean six sigma certification or experience with lean concepts is a plus
- Manufacturing experience is a plus, but not required.
- 3rd Shift – Sunday evening through Monday morning 10:30PM - 7:30 AM
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Training & career progression
Silver Line Building Products LLC is a leading manufacturer of vinyl windows and patio doors in North America. Based in New Jersey, Silver Line has manufacturing facilities throughout North America with over 4,000 employees: North Brunswick NJ, Lithia Springs GA, Marion OH and Lansing IL.
Individuals interested in Lean Manufacturing will be able to develop in our environment of continuous improvement.
Can you picture yourself here?
This position may be the career opportunity for you. Apply today!